Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

The final is in the EU. If it wasn't it may be different. They may back down but it is what it is. Portugal are chairman of the EU this year. Politics is not just left and right. Fortunately it's only football.
You would’ve thought this would’ve been communicated at the time of the official announcement today though or even earlier than that. I can’t believe for one minute that it hasn’t come up in the extensive discussions between UEFA and the Portuguese government over the last few days. The clubs can then be informed so they could communicate to fans that if it is to be held in Portugal then the only way of getting a ticket is to travel in a bubble on an official club trip. It’s utterly shambolic and for once I don’t even think UEFA are primarily to blame, but I do think there will be a resolution over the next few days that suits the independent travellers as well.

Flights being added on Manchester - Porto for the occasion:

British Airways (4)
EasyJet (4)
Ryanair (3)
TAP Air Portugal (1)
Transavia Holland (2) - These are believed to be charters?
Titan Airways (1) - for MCFC, not fans.

All subject to change, but check them out!

Note: Etihad Airways highly unlikely be involved in flying fans over from the UK. They are a non-EU carrier with no traffic rights to fly between Manchester-Porto. If they chose to use the PR to fly the team over in A6-BND (MCFC livery B787), they would likely be granted permission for that. Though it looks like the team will use Titan Airways at the moment.
Are these just additionals that are planned to be added over the next few days or are they all being planned in since the comments from the Portuguese minister?

Flights being added on Manchester - Porto for the occasion:

British Airways (4)
EasyJet (4)
Ryanair (3)
TAP Air Portugal (1)
Transavia Holland (2) - These are believed to be charters?
Titan Airways (1) - for MCFC, not fans.

All subject to change, but check them out!

Note: Etihad Airways highly unlikely be involved in flying fans over from the UK. They are a non-EU carrier with no traffic rights to fly between Manchester-Porto. If they chose to use the PR to fly the team over in A6-BND (MCFC livery B787), they would likely be granted permission for that. Though it looks like the team will use Titan Airways at the moment.
14 flights doesn’t seem enough, If the team and staff etc use the MCFC plane then that would prob cover 6,000 ish

You would’ve thought this would’ve been communicated at the time of the official announcement today though or even earlier than that. I can’t believe for one minute that it hasn’t come up in the extensive discussions between UEFA and the Portuguese government over the last few days. The clubs can then be informed so they could communicate to fans that if it is to be held in Portugal then the only way of getting a ticket is to travel in a bubble on an official club trip. It’s utterly shambolic and for once I don’t even think UEFA are primarily to blame, but I do think there will be a resolution over the next few days that suits the independent travellers as well.
Agreed. I sometimes think fact is stranger than fiction and it's just incompetence. They have never understood English football supporters. They never will

This is crackers.
I had booked a trip into Lisbon and Porto for June, and because the flights were cancelled by BA, was able to bring the whole trip forward a month. In essence I am doing a 9 day holiday. These steps being talked about are crackers unless they are stopping all tourism.
I doubt they will do that, but stranger things have happened.

Fair to say that if it's day-trip only then anyone who wants a ticket will get one?
No chance. I am up for a in and out charter trip due to care responsibility. For everyone who can take time out there are people like me. You will need 14000 points if they do it normally but I may be wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.