Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Son and his mates booked flights in on the Friday, back late Sunday.

Told him to hold back but the rashness of youth took over

Hope it is all good in the end but shameful that it is like this

You would’ve thought this would’ve been communicated at the time of the official announcement today though or even earlier than that. I can’t believe for one minute that it hasn’t come up in the extensive discussions between UEFA and the Portuguese government over the last few days. The clubs can then be informed so they could communicate to fans that if it is to be held in Portugal then the only way of getting a ticket is to travel in a bubble on an official club trip. It’s utterly shambolic and for once I don’t even think UEFA are primarily to blame, but I do think there will be a resolution over the next few days that suits the independent travellers as well.
Bang on ! Fucking astounding that this wasn’t communicated to us along with the announcement that the game would be in Portugal ! UEFA & the Portuguese Govt have completely fucked this between the pair of them

No chance. I am up for a in and out charter trip due to care responsibility. For everyone who can take time out there are people like me. You will need 14000 points if they do it normally but I may be wrong
You would have been able to do an in and out charter whatever the situation. I'm talking about 6,000 people paying upwards of £650 for a long day out and being told where to go and at what time.

Can anyone actually see the club shifting 6000 Flights/ticket package if they persist with this idea of in & out same day? Considering most have already sorted out their own travel arrangements

Does make me laugh that people jumping on 'Fuck UEFA'
As if its their travel ban, or their minister making press announcements, or their poxy virus.
They are a morally corrupt & deeply flawed organisation with precious little going for it, but simple shouting 'fuck UEFA' all the time does seem somewhat lazy.
Still, probably easier than actually looking into things & knowing stuff.

Who is to blame? UEFA are the governing body of the European game. They didn't move the final from Istanbul when Turkey went into a national lockdown, and only did so when their hands were forced by two English clubs making the final and the predictable inclusion of Turkey on the red list by the government. They want to cash in on the final and they're not going to get that in an empty stadium in Istanbul.

UEFA then rejected Wembley as a host because they couldn't get Covid exemptions for two thousand of their delegates, "VIPs" and corporate hangers on. So the common sense solution for a final held in the country of the two finalists in a stadium with a 90k capacity, that's been holding successful test events with supporters for the past month, was thrown out.

They instead chose to move the final to Portugal, where their hangers on will get the exemptions they want, announced six thousand tickets to each club, and then news comes out later that evening that all the supporters who've been booking flights all day will only qualify for a ticket, and be able to attend the game, if they go through the kind of Covid bubble hoops UEFA rejected for all their corporates in England at Wembley.

It's two weeks until the final and we still barely have a clue what the fuck is going on, thousands of City and Chelsea fans will have spent small fortunes making arrangements before the Portuguese government let the cat out of the bag, meaning we might all be out of pocket because UEFA didn't communicate any of this before publicly announcing the venue and the ticket allocations.

Tell me what you've looked into and the "stuff you know", which doesn't hold UEFA squarely responsible for this absolute shitshow? Not even taking the piss, I'm all ears. Because from my perspective they don't give a shit about the pandemic, the supporters, or even the integrity of the sport. They care about the commercial value of their competition, and fuck all else.

You would have been able to do an in and out charter whatever the situation. I'm talking about 6,000 people paying upwards of £650 for a long day out and being told where to go and at what time.
What about the 3/4000 people who have booked travel And accommodation today based on the understanding that if they got a match ticket they would be able to attend. Got to just see how it pans out now and try not stress about it.

A thought

why don’t City and Chelsea, together, tell UEFA to fuck off. Tell them they’re not playing in the showpiece event and they can invite the hot tempered losers in our place.

After all, both clubs were first to announce their intention to jettison the ill fated ESL for the sake of ‘their fans’..

Arrange a ‘friendly‘ at Villa Park on 29th May and allow 20,000 fans each. Winner is the unofficial Champions of Europe.

Maybe they’d lose out in sponsorship money or they could be creative and sell the game to Amazon and sponsor it themselves. Fuck UEFA, they haven’t changed and never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.