Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

UEFA have played a blinder, they don’t want fans there anyway in particular English fans. They can blame Boris for not allowing Wembley, they can say they’ve appeased the call to move from Istanbul and all along as long as they get their match with the hangers on they couldn’t give a shit.

I know 99.999% of fans don't give a shit but anyone any idea how this would work for fans that live in the EU? The Portugal/Spain border is open without restrictions (don't even need a pcr test for driving across it). Would we be able to get tickets from the club and travel independently?
If the club insist on travel with them they need around 20 planes don’t they, thats A lot of organising.

You touch on an interesting point about the treatment of locals. Not everyone in Portugal is happy that they are hosting the game, not least their own football fans who have had altercations with police. At a time when Portuguese fans are being told that they can only have 10% capacity in the grounds, their government will have a very hard time justifying an exception that allows 12,000 people to travel from another country, swan around on the piss for a few days and go to a game. They are elected officials after all.

The announcement last night of the bubble system was to assuage Portuguese voters. Even if Portugal is open for tourism that weekend, stadium restrictions of 10% would still apply to domestic football. The bubble system is about letting so many people into the ground as an exception to the 10% rule and not impacted by general tourism. I therefore fancy that UEFA's mob who don't have to quarantine will make up the ordinary 10%, meaning that capacity on the night will be somewhere around 17,000.
It wasn’t an announcement. It was an answer to a question in a press conference that how will fans be able to attend the game if UK visitors aren’t allowed. It seems now that UK visitors will be allowed from Monday. So the bubble won’t therefore be necessary. Guess we will find out later today.

I know 99.999% of fans don't give a shit but anyone any idea how this would work for fans that live in the EU? The Portugal/Spain border is open without restrictions (don't even need a pcr test for driving across it). Would we be able to get tickets from the club and travel independently?
Very doubtful. From what I can see, this is nothing to do with EU/non-EU despite some on here trying to politicise it, and is everything to do with controlling football fans and treating them differently to tourists. As things stand, your only chance of a ticket would be to travel to Manchester from Spain and book on an official club day trip over to Portugal and then back to Manchester afterwards. The very definition of a bubble match, and mirrors examples of bubble matches that have taken place in England such as the Burnley v Blackburn game where a Blackburn fan living in Burnley just round the corner from Turf Moor had to travel to Blackburn to board a coach to Burnley then travel back to Blackburn on the same coach afterwards before travelling back home to Burnley.

It wasn’t an announcement. It was an answer to a question in a press conference that how will fans be able to attend the game if UK visitors aren’t allowed. It seems now that UK visitors will be allowed from Monday. So the bubble won’t therefore be necessary. Guess we will find out later today.
I thought that the bubble was to allow so many fans in the ground, not into Portugal. We'll see. Naturally I hope you are right and I am wrong.

It’s fucking stressing me out all this. I was definitely going 2 days ago but now I’m not sure. The uncertainty of it all is doing my tits in, now the news this morning full of Indian variant talk.
a euro away for me should be 3 or 4 days on the lash with fellow blues in a glorious European city. Fuck off Covid

I thought that the bubble was to allow so many fans in the ground, not into Portugal. We'll see. Naturally I hope you are right and I am wrong.
I don’t believe so. It was an answer about the fans mixing with locals, not being in bars, only being there 24 hours. All of that isn’t relevant if tourists are admitted again. It was in direct response to a reporter asking how could fans go to the game if UK visitors were banned and this was the ‘solution’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.