Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

UEFA have played a blinder, they don’t want fans there anyway in particular English fans. They can blame Boris for not allowing Wembley, they can say they’ve appeased the call to move from Istanbul and all along as long as they get their match with the hangers on they couldn’t give a shit.
If that’s the case why didn’t they just keep it in Istanbul? The Turkish govt would have welcomed the UEFA delegates with open arms.

I don’t believe so. It was an answer about the fans mixing with locals, not being in bars, only being there 24 hours. All of that isn’t relevant if tourists are admitted again. It was in direct response to a reporter asking how could fans go to the game if UK visitors were banned and this was the ‘solution’
That doesn't sound as bad as I feared then. I thought there were also quotes from the same minister saying fans booked on independent trips wouldn't be subject to the same restrictions and would be free to enjoy Porto but wouldn't be allowed into the game though?

Martyn Ziegler’s article in The Times today sounds promising:

Uefa is confident that Chelsea and Manchester City supporters will be able to attend the Champions League final in Porto via independent travel despite Portuguese authorities saying that all fans would have to take charter flights and remain in a biosecure bubble.

Many supporters have already booked their flights and hotels after Uefa announced yesterday that Porto has been chosen instead of Wembley as the replacement venue for Istanbul — a decision that paves the way for Chelsea’s owner, Roman Abramovich, to attend the match at the Estádio do Dragão.

Each club has been allocated 6,000 tickets for the final on May 29. They are laying on one-day travel packages with charter flights, which would adhere to the bubble plan. But there is still uncertainty over non-official travel, especially as Portugal has extended its “state of calamity” until May 30.

Mariana Vieira da Silva, Portugal’s cabinet affairs minister, said that fans will “come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights” and be in Portugal “less than 24 hours”. She said fans who travel without going to the stadium would not be subject to the same restrictions.

Uefa has been in high-level talks with Portuguese ministers and it is confident that there will be clarity after the weekend so that anyone who has booked travel and accommodation independently will still be able to get into the stadium with a valid ticket.

Last edited:
In case it helps Blues who are fairly new to the European away trips. I have been on Spike’s and City’s one dayers several times and both are good IMHO. The cost tends to be similar and the staff are helpful. Both are expensive if you look at it on a cost per day basis.

On this occasion, given uncertainties about how tickets will be distributed, I would go with City’s option. That’s just how I see it - assuming the one day option is the only means of getting a ticket that gets you into the ground. Fingers crossed, the Blues who have committed to longer stays and have already booked travel will also get in the game.

Last edited:
Think were in for a long weekend. Should be clearer when the Portugese annouce (sometime between now and late on sunday) whats happening from the 16th onwards regarding uk visitors. Might get a good indication if the club announce ticket sales criteria before then. Been a rollercoaster ride all week but thats what being a city fan is all about. CTID

Uefa is confident that Chelsea and Manchester City supporters will be able to attend the Champions League final in Porto via independent travel despite Portuguese authorities saying that all fans would have to take charter flights and remain in a biosecure bubble.

Many supporters have already booked their flights and hotels after Uefa announced yesterday that Porto has been chosen instead of Wembley as the replacement venue for Istanbul — a decision that paves the way for Chelsea’s owner, Roman Abramovich, to attend the match at the Estádio do Dragão.

Each club has been allocated 6,000 tickets for the final on May 29. They are laying on one-day travel packages with charter flights, which would adhere to the bubble plan. But there is still uncertainty over non-official travel, especially as Portugal has extended its “state of calamity” until May 30.

Mariana Vieira da Silva, Portugal’s cabinet affairs minister, said that fans will “come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights” and be in Portugal “less than 24 hours”. She said fans who travel without going to the stadium would not be subject to the same restrictions.

Uefa has been in high-level talks with Portuguese ministers and it is confident that there will be clarity after the weekend so that anyone who has booked travel and accommodation independently will still be able to get into the stadium with a valid ticket.
It's all well and good them saying there confident but all this should have been sorted prior to all announcements and any restrictions/terms made clear at the time of that announcement

That doesn't sound as bad as I feared then. I thought there were also quotes from the same minister saying fans booked on independent trips wouldn't be subject to the same restrictions and would be free to enjoy Porto but wouldn't be allowed into the game though?
I think there’s been huge confusion all round this. Guess we’ll find out one way or another today. Not much of it makes sense

Another curveball is this Indian variant where the majority of cases are in the North West and London. The two areas where most of our fans are either from or will be travelling from.
Although the rates aren't massively high right now things could be oh so different in a weeks time and this could well play into Portugal decision whether to allow us in and even if they say its OK now there would be nothing to stop them changing there mind next weekend, we've seen that scenario unfold many times over the last year.
I would recommend to anyone booking make sure it's refundable or you have insurance in place cos there is still every possibility things could change either way literally right upto the game taking place.

Another curveball is this Indian variant where the majority of cases are in the North West and London. The two areas where most of our fans are either from or will be travelling from.
Although the rates aren't massively high right now things could be oh so different in a weeks time and this could well play into Portugal decision whether to allow us in and even if they say its OK now there would be nothing to stop them changing there mind next weekend, we've seen that scenario unfold many times over the last year.
I would recommend to anyone booking make sure it's refundable or you have insurance in place cos there is still every possibility things could change either way literally right upto the game taking place.
I would expect they would just make sure the requirement for a negative PCR test before travel is strictly implemented

UEFA batting for us again. Nice one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.