Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Chelsea website equally lacking in info. Notice they didn't use "cognisant".

Chelsea Football Club is currently working with UEFA on arrangements for supporters attending the Champions League final against Manchester City on Saturday 29 May.​

We will communicate information as soon as it is available and thank our supporters for their patience.
It was announced yesterday (Thursday) that the final will now take place at Porto’s Estadio do Dragao in northern Portugal, after Covid restrictions meant supporters would not be able to attend the match at its original venue in Turkey.

The whole situation is ridiculous! Under these pandemic circumstances, why are UEFA even contemplating thousands of fans from the same country having to travel for a final, when their country of origin is more than capable of hosting this final?

Boris Johnson is a cunning character. What's the betting his impending covid news conference about the Indian variant spreading like wildfire through the UK, puts a spanner in UEFA's spokes....

When politics & sport collide. :-|

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

Update from Portugal for those who are going via other countries

• Flights to and from Portugal are allowed for:
    - Flights to and from the countries of the European Union or from Schengen Associated countries:
Countries with an incidence rate equal to or greater than 150 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Poland, Romania Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Switzerland
- Only “essential travel” is allowed
- Must present proof of a negative test to COVID-19 (RT-PCR), carried out within 72 hours before boarding time

Countries with an incidence rate equal to or greater than 500 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days - Brazil, Cyprus, Croatia, France, India, Lithuania, Netherlands, South Africa and Sweden
- Only “essential travel” is allowed
- Must present proof of a negative test to COVID-19 (RT-PCR), carried out within 72 hours before boarding time
- It is compulsory to comply with a prophylactic isolation period of 14 days, at home or in a place indicated by the health authorities, after entering mainland Portugal

Flights from Ireland, Finland, Iceland and Malta have no restrictions, but passengers need a negative test to COVID-19 (RT-PCR), carried out within 72 hours before boarding time.

- British Tourists are allowed to enter Portugal as of the 00:00 of 17th of May, but must present proof of a negative test to COVID-19 (RT-PCR), carried out within 72 hours before boarding time "
Would someone who is travelling independently be able to get a ticket?

Reactions: Vic
Seeing a few comments about the negative PCR test required before leaving the UK and ways to obtain one as cheap as possible.

My advice is DO NOT scrimp on the cheapest one you find, which will undoubtedly be a test at home postal service job, possibly with a company with suspect reputation.

You only have a 72 hour window, and realistically only one chance to get this right before departure. Whilst I'm not necessarily against postal service tests, please ensure you use a company that look reliable and have good feedback.

If you're spending hundreds on flights, hotels, other associated costs and expenses....to then try and save a few quid on your outbound test is madness and risks fucking up the whole itinerary and costing you all that money.
Imagine not getting your test back in time (or getting an inconclusive result as done incorrectly) and not being able to travel to Portugal, losing hundreds and hundreds of pounds in the process, all because you tried to save 30 quid on a cheap, dodgy postal test.

If it was me, I would play it safe and book into a clinic to avoid any possible postal issues or delays and ensure the swab is taken correctly by a professional. Boots do PCR tests at most of their stores for £99. There is a company called Biograd in Liverpool that do £99 tests and guarantee the results within 24 hours. I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there, put the time in to do the research.

To the Blue who took my advice and didn't cancel his Istanbul flights in the hope the airline cancelled, and they did, I'm glad you're not out of pocket :)

……..To the Blue who took my advice and didn't cancel his Istanbul flights in the hope the airline cancelled, and they did, I'm glad you're not out of pocket :)

That was my advice … and if you want to fight about it, I’m sending ma dad !

Oh yeh, and your advice about testing is spot on. FYI : All the airport testing providers are very reliable. I’m getting my PCR via a in car test at Edinburgh on the Tuesday before my Friday flight.

Seeing a few comments about the negative PCR test required before leaving the UK and ways to obtain one as cheap as possible.

My advice is DO NOT scrimp on the cheapest one you find, which will undoubtedly be a test at home postal service job, possibly with a company with suspect reputation.

You only have a 72 hour window, and realistically only one chance to get this right before departure. Whilst I'm not necessarily against postal service tests, please ensure you use a company that look reliable and have good feedback.

If you're spending hundreds on flights, hotels, other associated costs and expenses....to then try and save a few quid on your outbound test is madness and risks fucking up the whole itinerary and costing you all that money.
Imagine not getting your test back in time (or getting an inconclusive result as done incorrectly) and not being able to travel to Portugal, losing hundreds and hundreds of pounds in the process, all because you tried to save 30 quid on a cheap, dodgy postal test.

If it was me, I would play it safe and book into a clinic to avoid any possible postal issues or delays and ensure the swab is taken correctly by a professional. Boots do PCR tests at most of their stores for £99. There is a company called Biograd in Liverpool that do £99 tests and guarantee the results within 24 hours. I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there, put the time in to do the research.

To the Blue who took my advice and didn't cancel his Istanbul flights in the hope the airline cancelled, and they did, I'm glad you're not out of pocket :)
I agree for the outbound. Backup of course is then to take one at the airport if necessary.

For all those who have booked independent travel

I think that this raises more questions than answers. The article states:

Uefa promised Manchester City and Chelsea fans they would not be stuck with worthless flights and hotels for the Champions League final after Portugal lifted its ban on British tourists but failed to rule out forcing those attending the game into a travel “bubble”.

How do you force independent travellers into a bubble?

Secondly, it states:

"There will be a system that allows the small number of fans that won’t be on club trips to pick their tickets up.”

Do they not realise that the 'small number of fans' is actually most of us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.