Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Seeing a few comments about the negative PCR test required before leaving the UK and ways to obtain one as cheap as possible.

My advice is DO NOT scrimp on the cheapest one you find, which will undoubtedly be a test at home postal service job, possibly with a company with suspect reputation.

You only have a 72 hour window, and realistically only one chance to get this right before departure. Whilst I'm not necessarily against postal service tests, please ensure you use a company that look reliable and have good feedback.

If you're spending hundreds on flights, hotels, other associated costs and expenses....to then try and save a few quid on your outbound test is madness and risks fucking up the whole itinerary and costing you all that money.
Imagine not getting your test back in time (or getting an inconclusive result as done incorrectly) and not being able to travel to Portugal, losing hundreds and hundreds of pounds in the process, all because you tried to save 30 quid on a cheap, dodgy postal test.

If it was me, I would play it safe and book into a clinic to avoid any possible postal issues or delays and ensure the swab is taken correctly by a professional. Boots do PCR tests at most of their stores for £99. There is a company called Biograd in Liverpool that do £99 tests and guarantee the results within 24 hours. I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there, put the time in to do the research.

To the Blue who took my advice and didn't cancel his Istanbul flights in the hope the airline cancelled, and they did, I'm glad you're not out of pocket :)
Thanks for the heads up pal, I’m booked in at Boots on Monday 24th. £99.

Yeah, there were huge problems in December with postal tests and loads of people jetting off to the Canaries.
Seems some companies simply weren't ready or prepared and lots of people just didn't get their results back in time and ended up missing flights and losing holidays.

I don't think any company or clinic can 100% cast iron guarantee the results within a certain timeframe, but I'd certainly fancy my chances more with a clinic than with a postal test. I've not heard any clinic based horror stories (though I'm sure there are some) but I've read plenty of postal based test horror stories.

Most clinics will say if you have your test done by a certain time, then you'll get the results either the same day or the next day (depending on which service you have booked)

This is the one mentioned operating out of Hilton at Manchester airport, and also out of the Jurys Inn in the centre, offering various options. Pretty representative of most clinics up and down the country I'd say, in terms of time turnaround and price.

MHC Manchester | My Healthcare Clinic

View attachment 16923
If you are going Fri-Sun you could use the same day one on the Thursday and then use that for the return from Portugal. Then book a cheap £45 one for the day 2 test as urgency for that isn’t there. Saves pissing around getting another test in Porto

If you are going Fri-Sun you could use the same day one on the Thursday and then use that for the return from Portugal. Then book a cheap £45 one for the day 2 test as urgency for that isn’t there. Saves pissing around getting another test in Porto
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’m on Spike’s trip going out Friday, back Sunday, so if I book in on the Thursday using that company @feedthegoat27 mentioned and pay £139 for the same day option that should sort it assuming no hitches with getting the results back?

This is indeed correct, and works well for those going for just a couple of days.
And penny pinching is absolutely fine for the test required to undertake within 2 days of landing back in the UK.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’m on Spike’s trip going out Friday, back Sunday, so if I book in on the Thursday using that company @feedthegoat27 mentioned and pay £139 for the same day option that should sort it assuming no hitches with getting the results back?
Just had quick look, there’s a £99 same day result one in Didsbury

You wouldn't get the result in time.

Even the fastest PCR tests take hours as they have to go to a lab for the result.
I'm not sure of any airport that is set up to do rapid PCR tests that would give you the result within the 2/3 hours you would be there.
I think Manchester is but it is the Lamps test which maybe acceptable to travel but please check first.

Hoping for some better luck in making this after the ballot ...

Passport renewal in the system last night and got updates already on its progress.

At least £600 then.
And the rest . A return flight that was , at worst last week, about £140 is now silly money on organized trips and normal airlines. .Noses in the trough as ever . Chuck in private PCR tests and inflated costs of accommodation in Portugal and you've just done an awful lot of money in.

This is like no other trip to Europe , and should be treated with real caution in an uncertain world. The mixed messages from the Portuguese government doesn't help , but ultimately they want what is best, health-wise for their country , just as we do in the UK. I worry that this virulent Indian variant might play a part in any late decision making.

Its a watch this space , but time is running out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.