Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Yes it’s definitely required. A PCR or LFT will do

I haven’t seen any sites that mention a test in Portugal, only prior to departure and after arrival back in the UK. I’ve only been told that a test in Porto may be required. Do you have a link by any chance?

I haven’t seen any sites that mention a test in Portugal, only prior to departure and after arrival back in the UK. I’ve only been told that a test in Porto may be required. Do you have a link by any chance?

You will need a negative test to get back into the UK.
It's quite a confusing situation with unclear and ambiguous terminology.
To the best of my understanding...

Before arrival into Portugal; negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of your departure.
Before arrival into UK; negative test (PCR or lateral flow) taken in any of the 3 full days before you return.
After arrival into UK; a further PCR test is required to be taken within 2 days of landing back, with your arrival day being day zero. This PCR test has to be pre-booked and paid for, with the reference number going on your passenger locator form (PLF)

Not booked anything as yet but me and the wife are looking at a 5 day trip from the Wednesday to the Monday flying in and out of Lisbon with a drive up to Porto on the day of the game.

How I understand it is that we'd need a negative PCR test done on either the Sunday or Monday before we fly out, have a 2nd PCR test booked within 2 days of our return to the UK (Tuesday or Wednesday) and we'll also need a lateral flow test to be taken before we depart Lisbon for the UK on the Monday. So if we get a lateral flow test done on the Sunday somewhere in Lisbon we'll be OK to board plane and get home.

I'm very reluctant to book anything because what if one of our tests came back negative. We'd lose all our cash on flights etc. We might be taking a chance here but we're thinking we'll hold off on booking anything until we've got that PCR test certificate.

Not booked anything as yet but me and the wife are looking at a 5 day trip from the Wednesday to the Monday flying in and out of Lisbon with a drive up to Porto on the day of the game.

How I understand it is that we'd need a negative PCR test done on either the Sunday or Monday before we fly out, have a 2nd PCR test booked within 2 days of our return to the UK (Tuesday or Wednesday) and we'll also need a lateral flow test to be taken before we depart Lisbon for the UK on the Monday. So if we get a lateral flow test done on the Sunday somewhere in Lisbon we'll be OK to board plane and get home.

I'm very reluctant to book anything because what if one of our tests came back negative. We'd lose all our cash on flights etc. We might be taking a chance here but we're thinking we'll hold off on booking anything until we've got that PCR test certificate.

You’ll be fine if a test comes back negative, it’s the positive tests that throw a spanner in the works ! :O

You’ll be fine if a test comes back negative, it’s the positive tests that throw a spanner in the works ! :O
Hahahaha we've got no chance have we seeing as I'm even confused about the outcome of the tests.

Might be best me leaving all this for my missus to sort......

Hahahaha we've got no chance have we seeing as I'm even confused about the outcome of the tests.

Might be best me leaving all this for my missus to sort......

Pick up some of the free NHS antigen tests and test yourselves. If they come back negative you can be fairly confident the PCRs will come back negative too.

Also, get decent travel insurance which covers you in the event your trip has fo be cancelled due to a positive PCR pre-departure. The cost of the insurance (which is a good idea anyhow) will likely be less than price increases of the trip as you get closer and more people book and by doing the NHS antigen tests you’re taking sensible mitigations along the way.

Last edited:
Pick up some of the free NHS antigen tests and test yourselves. If they come back negative you can be fairly confident the PCRs will come back negative too.
My son (at college) and myself (for work) have a pile of boxes of lateral flow tests, given to us by college/work, for regular testing at home.

If we take a few of these to Portugal and use these before we return, would they be deemed acceptable, as, we only record the QR code via the NHS .gov website when home.

It's something I've not yet researched, but, if you do already know, it would be a great help. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.