Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

To be in this situation is utterly fucking rediculous. Booked my flights on Thursday with Spike and was buzzing for it. Now im at a point of not really caring if i go or not, more will Sports Options refund my money if this shitty bubble proposal goes ahead.
This.

In normal times they decide on finals venues a couple of years in advance - and there’s likely to be a good couple of years of auditing, bidding and reviewing before that.

I’m not excusing UEFA, City, the Portuguese authorities but can imagine compressing this into a week, together with the additional demands re Covid, will be a horrific job for what’s likely to be a small group of people. That Chelsea are equally quiet probably shows the clubs are being sidelined still.

What we don’t know is what conditions the Portuguese authorities might have signed up to when they agreed to host. If bars are shutting at 10.30, if they’re planning to restrict the sales of alcohol in supermarkets and might restrict the numbers in bars and restaurants - then how happy would the authorities there with likely 20,000 English football fans (half of which will be in a bad mood) to trust those fans to simply shrug and head off for an early night?

We already know that UEFA couldn’t care less about the fans, but after the super league they need to be seen to care. They probably came out of the initial meeting having agreed 12000 fans on a day trip thinking that would win them some kudos - thinking fans would just be grateful to go regardless. They didn’t consider that English fans in particular don’t on the whole want a day trip. Now they’re frantically trying to sort something out.

*NB I’m not having a go at English football fans, I’m just thinking of the general perception in Europe, rightly or wrongly

In normal times they decide on finals venues a couple of years in advance - and there’s likely to be a good couple of years of auditing, bidding and reviewing before that.

I’m not excusing UEFA, City, the Portuguese authorities but can imagine compressing this into a week, together with the additional demands re Covid, will be a horrific job for what’s likely to be a small group of people. That Chelsea are equally quiet probably shows the clubs are being sidelined still.

What we don’t know is what conditions the Portuguese authorities might have signed up to when they agreed to host. If bars are shutting at 10.30, if they’re planning to restrict the sales of alcohol in supermarkets and might restrict the numbers in bars and restaurants - then how happy would the authorities there with likely 20,000 English football fans (half of which will be in a bad mood) to trust those fans to simply shrug and head off for an early night?

We already know that UEFA couldn’t care less about the fans, but after the super league they need to be seen to care. They probably came out of the initial meeting having agreed 12000 fans on a day trip thinking that would win them some kudos - thinking fans would just be grateful to go regardless. They didn’t consider that English fans in particular don’t on the whole want a day trip. Now they’re frantically trying to sort something out.

*NB I’m not having a go at English football fans, I’m just thinking of the general perception in Europe, rightly or wrongly

Wembley sniggers smugly at this post.

My opinion is there will be no bubble, day trips and stay overs will be able to get tickets and bars will all be open, but there may be a curfew time. Deliberately stayed off this thread to avoid the flapping, didn’t realise it was still the same 5 days later.

If the club are struggling to sort out 10000 home match tickets (still struggling with mine)
How they gonna get 6000 on official flights with all the malarkey that goes with that and 6000 match tickets by next weekend
Really can’t see the later happening en mass just not possible
Also worth remembering they're trying to do both of these at the same time, must be a logistical nightmare, dealing with governing bodies, governments, health, and police authorities.

Seems obvious to me that the Portuguese aren't going to want half of Wythenshawe sneaking about pissed up with nowhere to go.

I still think it'll be "you can come for the day, via City, then you can fuck straight off" and anyone trying to do "their own thing" will be getting the Portuguese version of short shrift.

I just can't see this happening. What are they gonna do after the game? 12,000 fans in two separate bubbles all going back to the same airport. You're talking midnight to start getting people there then there will have to be continuous flights through the night when Manchester airport isn't even open. Then you have maybe 5000+ fans in Porto that have already booked independent trips doing as they please. Pissed off hoteliers and retail/pub/restaurant trade.

The testing should be enough evidence that they're not gonna just come and be super spreaders. I think a lot of the Portuguese chat will be about appeasing the natives rather than truly believing they can actually make a bubble work.

If they wanted to close off the whole of Riveira just for City fans and a big part of down town just for Chelsea fans I'm sure that wouldn't be acceptable. Chuck in a few lock ins and we're really sucking on diesel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.