Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

We don't know what the proportion is, but if you've got concerns you could write off your independent plans and travel with the club.

FWIW, I think you'll be fine
Yeah, I know mate. Into over £750 already (£599 2 day Sport Options trip plus £159 for a PCR test with 3 hour turnaround) so a day trip with the club doesn't actually offset it 100%!

If the day-trip idea was stipulated by the Portuguese government to keep the number of travellers down, it will backfire spectacularly.

Announce it at the start as the only way of getting there, you'd get 6,000 day trippers only. Leave it till 10 days to go, you get 6,000 day trippers PLUS another 3,000+ who have already booked elsewhere.

Doesn't make any sense to have left it this late if that was their concern.

Could still be the case that the Portuguese government haven't budged on the bubble idea and the only way City could placate fans & ensure some will still qualify to be in the ground is by offering the free travel. Offering tickets to fans who have made their own way might not be an option City have.
It’s a brilliant gesture by the sound of things. We need more information. I’m not sure why you are trying to turn this into a negative by writing about “placating fans”

It can't be a ballot

If they announce its a ballot, thousands who had no intention of going will jump on the free trip and suddenly want a ticket

I think the club paying for it is to reduce the financial hit off those who have already paid out, of which the majority will think they'll definitely will get a ticket or have a good chance. It gives them now a choice to write off what they've splashed out already

If it went to a ballot the chances of getting a ticket for those who have already made arrangements and spent a small fortune will be even less because of the additional x thousand fans who will suddenly decide I'll have a bit of that !!!

It should be done on Cup scheme and points and as I'm not in the CL scheme I don't have a dog in this fight.
Agree, I’m not on cup scheme and have 6500 points. Knew I had little to no chance of a ticket when I booked to go. As long as I can have a beer and watch the game I’m not arsed. It should be a great occasion.
A ballot would be my only hope but this wouldn’t be fair at all for those who have been going home and away for countless years.

If the day-trip idea was stipulated by the Portuguese government to keep the number of travellers down, it will backfire spectacularly.

Announce it at the start as the only way of getting there, you'd get 6,000 day trippers only. Leave it till 10 days to go, you get 6,000 day trippers PLUS another 3,000+ who have already booked elsewhere.

Doesn't make any sense to have left it this late if that was their concern.
It's not to keep the number of travellers down. They would do that through ticket allocations. It's to keep the number roaming the city for days at a minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.