Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

If you booked your own trip on spec and can no longer get tickets I feel sorry for you, but stop blaming the Club for everything. You took a punt and it might not work, those who had the points and waited for the official trips were using their common sense.
They didn’t take a punt they planned a trip. We’re 11 days away from the game and flight costs and hotels were more and more expensive. It’s two weeks since we made the final, a week since we were told 6000 fans could attend. Of course thousands were gonna book trips!

Bluemoon never fails to produce ridiculous reactions. All football clubs even pre-pandemic have always had the official stance that you should not arrange travel before securing a ticket, of course that's largely ignored because of the obscene inflation you see in travel and accommodation but everybody that looks to get ahead does so entirely off their own back and at their own risk.

I can't honestly believe there's people trying to belittle those that would not have been able to afford to go under current circumstances but thanks to this amazing gesture from the sheikh might now be able to get there.

We don't yet know how it's going to work but it's likely that the majority of those that are going to benefit from this are people on high points that have had to say no before today, almost all of those will have said no purely for financial reasons. If somebody has got say 17k+ points and haven't already booked something it's most likely because covid has hit them hard otherwise they'd be there. they are the ones that are going to benefit from this and I don't see how anybody can be mad at those guys who have put the yards in but have struggled this year. There isn't going to be an influx of people who simply couldn't be arsed beforehand jumping on a freebie.

If there's people that have booked independently that now miss out in the fallout then of course that's horrendous for them but they likely would have struggled for a ticket under normal circumstances anyway and they knew the risks when booking it.

It's a truly Phenomenal gesture, its absolutely nothing for the Sheikh but will mean the world to many.

I have booked my flights and hotel and tests.
I am not interested in a day trip anyway and wouldn't be great for me as I live in London.
It is a great gesture and good luck to anyone who takes advantage of it. There are people who are committed for who the extra costs were too much, so if this enables them, fair enough.
Just hope there is a decent enough allocation for the independent traveller.

So let's see. Fans are complaining because they booked flights and accommodation before any details at all (not one single jot) of the criteria for tickets. We still don't know and will not know until this evening. It makes no sense to me to have done any of that without knowing if you can get a ticket. Part of me says you deserve it. Let's face it, it could have been (and may well still be) a straight ballot. I suppose that is the problem with allowing a system whereby the lucky few can amass gazillions of points.
the lucky few spent fortunes amassing points when the team was dogshit, in the hope and fantasy that one day those loyalty points would count for something.

If you booked your own trip on spec and can no longer get tickets I feel sorry for you, but stop blaming the Club for everything. You took a punt and it might not work, those who had the points and waited for the official trips were using their common sense.

UEFA messed up. The obvious thing to do was move it to Wembley but they were not prepared to lose a cent. No communication from them to clubs or fans.
City trying to sort something out for their fans - we don’t know exactly what as yet - but they’re getting slammed by their own fans who don’t know for certain what is going to be announced.

Exactly, arranging your own travel and accommodation in advance is always done at your own risk and sometimes without the certainty of getting a ticket - I've done it a number of times myself for Euro aways. Hopefully the club will make allowances for them to obtain tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.