Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I imagine it’s all to do with the perception of football fans and the concern over large events. The Portuguese authorities may be happy to open up the country to normal holidaymakers, they’ll feel happier relying on the cooperation of families, couples should they decide to impose any local restrictions etc.

Anyone who’s done a European away will know that the police and local governments don’t particularly like football fans being around. They don’t trust football fans and so don’t trust football fans to obey any guidelines they may set out. For them they may find it more palatable to keep fans contained and herded

I imagine it’s all to do with the perception of football fans and the concern over large events. The Portuguese authorities may be happy to open up the country to normal holidaymakers, they’ll feel happier relying on the cooperation of families, couples should they decide to impose any local restrictions etc.

Anyone who’s done a European away will know that the police and local governments don’t particularly like football fans being around. They don’t trust football fans and so don’t trust football fans to obey any guidelines they may set out. For them they may find it more palatable to keep fans contained and herded
I think that you have put it into words much better than I did.

There is no logic to what they are alleged to be doing until you apply a mistrust of football fans in general to the equation.

I can't explain it. I'm not endorsing it. But why does everyone have faith in government and football administrators to come up with common sense and fully effective solutions? Is there an ulterior motive in that they actually don't want thousands of pissed football fans?

I can take Tonster's point about Mariana Vieira Da Silva's comments being taken out of context, but this is a key comment:

"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."

What does she mean? I think that there is undue optimism at the moment. It might turn out to be alright but I don't think independent travel and rocking up at the ground in your own time is yet a foregone conclusion.
Fair enough. I just think she was asking a question based on what the rules were at the time of being asked. Been relaxed since then. But, que sera sera.
Could do with the tickets going on sale on Tuesday. The Everton match should be wrapped up by then.

Does anyone know if the pcr test prior to flying has to be taken upto 72 hours prior to flying or if your result has to be within 72 hours of flying? Also do home test kit Pcrs that you send off for a result count? The cheap eurofin £45 tests are home test kits that take upto 48 hours after Royal Mail have returned it to Eurofin to get a result so to be safe you would have to do test about 5 days before flying.
Strictly speaking the sample should be taken 72hours before your departure time. If you do an in clinic test, that time will appear on the certificate. That’s not possible with postal ones and they tend to put the time the sample was analysed. So you take your chance with a postal one. However when you check in they don’t go over it with a fine tooth comb they seem to be happy as long as they see the test time was 72hours before and obviously negative.

This is true, and they have a point.

There is a conflict of interests though, like with Chorley's stance on hosting Bolton and Preston away fans. Community Safety v Economic Development.

They didn’t need to agree to hosting it then did they?

Thanks mate, was wondering how u could prove you have a home test booked but that reference number makes sense. I’ll book the Eurofins test for the day 2 test. Any ideas about the test we have to do in Portugal?
A company called synlabs does them at faro airport and other places in faro not sure about other airports for about £30 results in 30 mins.

This is true, and they have a point.

There is a conflict of interests though, like with Chorley's stance on hosting Bolton and Preston away fans. Community Safety v Economic Development.
Yes.

Once they satisfied UEFA's corporate ticket requirement and quarantine exemption, they were free to host it on their own terms. Aside from any mistrust of football fans (particularly from two English clubs), they may just feel that 12,000 people turning up in one city over one weekend is a bit too much too soon.

I can't explain it. I'm not endorsing it. But why does everyone have faith in government and football administrators to come up with common sense and fully effective solutions? Is there an ulterior motive in that they actually don't want thousands of pissed football fans?

I can take Tonster's point about Mariana Vieira Da Silva's comments being taken out of context, but this is a key comment:

"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."

What does she mean? I think that there is undue optimism at the moment. It might turn out to be alright but I don't think independent travel and rocking up at the ground in your own time is yet a foregone conclusion for everyone.

Anyone thinking otherwise is a complete fucking imbecile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.