Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

The queues at Porto Airport getting through were awful. All the City planes seemed to land around the same time, and then not helped by a few hundred Chelsea fans arriving on a delayed flight. Could have been disastrous but luckily everyone was sensible despite the 1hr+ wait.

What annoys me is all the form filling, tests etc and how they don't seem to be linked up to a central system via your passport no. You have to include you passport no on the tests, locator forms etc. Is it beyond the wit of the IT experts throughout Europe to link all these up so that everything is stored against your passport, so it should be just a quick scan as usual?

Instead you have everyone scrambling around showing their mobile or printed versions which are checked by a human and just making things far longer than needed.

I'm sure some people are making an absolute fortune out of this farce.

Landed in Liverpool about 45 mins ago. Only checked my passport. Didn't ask anything about the UK locator form (and therefore the day 2 test) or my negative test result.

Absolute shambles.
Same at Manchester last night. I had to do an antigen test over there on Friday as my negative PCR from last Wednesday wasn’t valid for the flight home. Nobody asked to see evidence of a negative test when I got to passport control. There were loads of signs about passenger locator forms and I was in the process of accessing it on my phone when showing my passport but never got asked for it in the end.
For all the things we were asked to do, half of it was never asked for and it makes you wonder about the whole point of it all if they’re not going to ask to see some of it.
This day 2 test malarkey seems like a load of bollocks as well. I’m not sure we even have to go ahead and do it.

Shite never made it today the PCR test company emailed apologising and sent my 139 back
They are not interested re my match ticket taxis and day 2 Covid test losses
I am considering taking them to the small claims court for breach of contract as a matter of principle
yeah you have to take them to the small claims court and include everything, ticket, transport, other test, compensation for missing the game. I made it by one minute for final flight after my company cocked up and would have done the same.

Same at Manchester last night. I had to do an antigen test over there on Friday as my negative PCR from last Wednesday wasn’t valid for the flight home. Nobody asked to see evidence of a negative test when I got to passport control. There were loads of signs about passenger locator forms and I was in the process of accessing it on my phone when showing my passport but never got asked for it in the end.
For all the things we were asked to do, half of it was never asked for and it makes you wonder about the whole point of it all if they’re not going to ask to see some of it.
This day 2 test malarkey seems like a load of bollocks as well. I’m not sure we even have to go ahead and do it.
I had to show the locator at Mcr Airport on the way out. When I offered to show it when we returned, the woman checking passports said its OK, I can see on the screen that you have done one.

Went for our 2 day test at the Clayton Hotel near the airport, very efficient but he stuck it up our nose as well as the throat, ooh ar missus, but when we had the one for going out it was just the throat and he said that wasn't a proper test? Anyway couldn't give a toss now

I had to show the locator at Mcr Airport on the way out. When I offered to show it when we returned, the woman checking passports said its OK, I can see on the screen that you have done one.
Same for us, had our papers ready to show and guy said it's on the screen. Must have been the check in at Manchester when it all got put on system. Someone I know going to Faro this week been told they can't show paper copies and must show certificates on phone. Either way the easiest bit of photoshopping would get anyone through. Of course not encouraging anyone should do that.

Same for us, had our papers ready to show and guy said it's on the screen. Must have been the check in at Manchester when it all got put on system. Someone I know going to Faro this week been told they can't show paper copies and must show certificates on phone. Either way the easiest bit of photoshopping would get anyone through. Of course not encouraging anyone should do that.

I know someone ;) that edited their pdf certificate to adjust the time slightly to be within the 72 hour requirement :O

If you submitted your locator form online they will have had it at uk passport control on their screen when they scanned your passport, that’s what they told me anyway (as mine was on my phone and the battery had died)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.