Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

Just a quick one, I’m one of the self isolators from flight 5. My text tells me I should get a test done but given that it makes no difference to anything (as I’m isolating anyway), I think I’m just going to do a daily lateral flow at home until Thursday and if nothing comes back, I’m not going to bother.

Has anyone just decided to isolate and not go for yet another test?
I was also on flight 5 and isolating. I booked an NHS home PCR test. so not really 'going' for another test and almost equivalent of you doing a home lateral flow one. Just I had to post it back.
Also just decided to sign up for the trial off they sent me today, partly to see if I would get accepted on to it. If I am then I'll be getting a bundle of lateral flow tests.

Anyone else feel we’re being mugged off with all this? Wembley April test event free test before and after, Liverpool rave test event free test, several other test events around the country free testing around 65000 people tested in all events, not heard of a single bit of feedback or results from any of them never mind anyone having to isolate. Now all this where large costs are involved every man and his dog is getting house arrest notices.

They weren't able to tell me it was a flight but they could tell me it was 30th May which obviously meant it had to be the return flight.
I was on the earlier easy jet flight, so might be ok, it was due to leave at 12:40 I think but was delayed an hour and a half

Well I have had an interesting one!

I ordered my day 2 test through www.rtdiagnostics.co.uk - who are on the government approved list. I ordered my day 2 test on Friday morning, despite getting emails on the same day saying my order had been processed, the testing kit finally rocked up yesterday.

I did the test etc about 6pm when I got home from work, registered it on the Recova-19 thing, and packed it up for dropping into the post box on my way to pick my mrs up from work at 10pm. At about 9:20pm, I get an email through saying my results are ready, and sure enough I login, and I have a negative certificate with my name and details on etc. Pretty fucking incredible considering the test is still sat on my kitchen table! It makes you wonder how many of these tests lare actually properly tested!

Genuinely thinking of going to the press this one - the whole thing is a fucking scam, probably ran by the rich to screw more money out of people.
I used these, joke company. Wouldn't accept the bar code. Sent mine Tuesday, still nothing and website down now

Got my result back from Blindspot late last night, still nothing from Track & Trace. Flight 11 for me.
I was in flight 11, got pinged yesterday to self isolate. Two mates who sat next to me on the aircraft for both journeys and I spent all day with in Porto have heard nothing.

Anyone else feel we’re being mugged off with all this? Wembley April test event free test before and after, Liverpool rave test event free test, several other test events around the country free testing around 65000 people tested in all events, not heard of a single bit of feedback or results from any of them never mind anyone having to isolate. Now all this where large costs are involved every man and his dog is getting house arrest notices.
It was interesting that on the Thursday after Wembley final they were reporting the test event had been a success. That Thursday was the day we were all supposed to be getting our post event covid tests. So how the hell could they say it was a success until they'd had test results back. And hey never chased anyone up to do those tests so they didn't have a clue.

Would it not be the case in a normal flight scenario that only the rows around any positive passenger would have to isolate but as people on the charter flights were actively encouraged to make up seat numbers on their PLF then everyone on those flights is having to isolate as its not known who was sitting where?
I get what you are saying but you could be sat 20 rows from someone who tests positive but still have been next to that person queuing to get on or off plane, next to them waiting for the toilet, on the bus from terminal to plane etc. But like you say with no being able to put accurate seat numbers on means they could never do anything less than whole plane isolates.

I have my suspicions.
Seems odd that they can cope with NHS testing of tens of thousands of people for test events without a glitch but private companies are struggling to cope with a few thousand travellers and it's cost each person about £150 minimum, with some a lot more. I think it's all about foreign travel deterrence rather than proper Covid control measures.

Has anyone had a Eurofins home test and after entering the barcode it says "test definition not found"?
Eurofins results website is down now.
Will request my refund after they respond, or after the 10 days, whichever comes first.

I have my suspicions.
Seems odd that they can cope with NHS testing of tens of thousands of people for test events without a glitch but private companies are struggling to cope with a few thousand travellers and it's cost each person about £150 minimum, with some a lot more. I think it's all about foreign travel deterrence rather than proper Covid control measures.

Yep. Border Force can’t cope with the volumes and the politicians have been seriously shocked how many people are happy to travel even to amber countries hence the panicking and trying to convince people not to travel. Papering over the cracks of incompetence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.