Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

I'm on the day trip, booked Blindspot tests, planning on dropping on Friday morning, would assume as they've partnered for this event it will be back in time. My biggest worry is finding somewhere to print the fucker off.

I’ve done this too. Had paid £159 for a PCR test on Thursday with results in just 3 hours so should get the result at 5pm but I don’t even trust that will happen, let alone if I’d paid a bit less for same day results, so I’ve brought the test forward to Wednesday which gives me all day Thursday to chase the fuckers up if I don’t get the result when I should. Sure, it means I have to do the 30 Euro test over there at Spike’s hotel but given I’ve already shelled out over £800, what’s another 30 Euros?
Thats it mate,just not worth it is it,its right thing to do

Lateral flow was never in the equation, always been PCR

Below straight from Gov website:

Type of test​

You must make sure that the test provider you choose can meet the standards for pre-departure testing.

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
It’s your responsibility to ensure the test meets the minimum standards for sensitivity, specificity and viral load details. You must check with your test provider that it meets those standards.

You may not be able to travel if the test does not meet these standards. It’s your responsibility to ensure you get the right test that meets the above requirements.

How can a LFD test be good for getting back to the UK but not for entry in to the stadium?!

Type of test​

You must make sure that the test provider you choose can meet the standards for pre-departure testing.

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
It’s your responsibility to ensure the test meets the minimum standards for sensitivity, specificity and viral load details. You must check with your test provider that it meets those standards.

You may not be able to travel if the test does not meet these standards. It’s your responsibility to ensure you get the right test that meets the above requirements.

How can a LFD test be good for getting back to the UK but not for entry in to the stadium?!
I’m bamboozled! Thought it had to be PCR. I’ve booked PCR. Lateral flow always seemed 50% accurate at best but that straight from gov website would indicate it’s okay. I’ll just be glad to get there

Type of test​

Chelsea have stated Lateral flow is acceptable for entry to the stadium. It's been said on here that UEFA have also said this, but I haven't read that anywhere myself.

I believe the club are misinformed and are trying to be explicit for the benefit of the day trip folk, but in the process have created uncertainty for anyone else.

I’m bamboozled! Thought it had to be PCR. I’ve booked PCR. Lateral flow always seemed 50% accurate at best but that straight from gov website would indicate it’s okay. I’ll just be glad to get there
Yep. Really strange one. Gov website on travel to Green countries says lateral ok for travel back to uk... chelsea website say lateral ok for stadium... gov website on final mentions pcr and city website says pcr for stadium.

It's confusing enough as it is, you would've thought between them they could help us out!

Chelsea have stated Lateral flow is acceptable for entry to the stadium. It's been said on here that UEFA have also said this, but I haven't read that anywhere myself.

I believe the club are misinformed and are trying to be explicit for the benefit of the day trip folk, but in the process have created uncertainty for anyone else.
Yeah not seen anything from UEFA with regards to lateral flow.

Does anyone have a direct link/source?

I’ve been quoting the government website all week on the 3 days thing but I’ve now come across this government page specifically for the CL final and it states within 72 hours ffs!

• if you are returning to the UK within 72 hours, you can use the result of the COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must depart for the UK within 72 hours of when you took the test
Sorry to go off the subject but so glad you posted this link! I was certain my passport was ok as it doesn’t expire until May 22 but as it was issued Aug 11 the validity for travelling to Europe expired Feb. Have to pay £177 now to get an urgent passport next week but still cheaper than tickets we can’t use!
Thanks so much for the info.

At the match​

• access to the stadium can be slow - there will be ticket and PCR COVID-19 checks; searches will be carried out

This is the only bit I'm a little worried about because we fly out Wednesday 26th and out PCR tests are booked for Sunday 23rd to get us into Portugal. Obviously our PCR tests will be out of the 72 hour range by the time we want to get into the stadium. I was under the impression that we could have an antigen or lateral flow test done on the Friday 28th or Saturday 29th whilst in Portugal and that test result would be OK to get us into the ground. Now I'm unsure because it states there will be PCR checks at the stadium.

I've had a look on Chelsea's website and on there is states:

Covid Testing

Supporters should check with the UK government website on the up-to-date requirements for travel to Portugal and back to the UK.

UEFA have advised that all supporters should have a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to stadium entry or negative antigen test within 48 hours prior to stadium entry.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.