Champions League Final | Useful Information

I have just rang EE for the fourth time and got the fourth different advice. Fortunately this guy knows his shit.

He advised me -

1. He needed to remove my £10 automatic default spend cap on my account that I didn’t know was there - without this I’d have been fucked trying to use my data

2. Text ROAM to 150 before I leave to ensure the data roaming works

3. I will get charged £8 ish for every 0.5 megs of data I use per day (so £16 if I use 501)

4. Text VM OFF to 150 before I leave otherwise any voicemails I get will be charged at high cost

5. He gave me the EE freephone number to use from Turkey

6. He also needed to change one of the other settings in my account to enable me to use data in Turkey.

Glad I persevered and glad I put all 3 tickets on my phone as the kids have different providers. There must be a lot of holiday makers come back from Turkey to huge unexpected mobile phone bills

When I travel, I normally activate an eSIM from Maya and pay for a data package.I think for Turkey 10GB of data is about £14 and you have 30 days to use it from when you activate it. If you have a fairly new phone you should be able to use eSIM. It's fairly easy to set up too, there is nothing physical to install.

I was in the US earlier this year and switched my roaming on for a minute or two, to do something and it cost me about £20. The charges can be scary for data if you are not careful.

Did we ever get an answer to the question of whether we have to take passports to the game? Uefa just says passports preferable but in their usual helpful way don't say what else (driving licence?) could be used. It does say national ID cards acceptable but as we do not have one in the UK that's not much use to us.

Does anyone know if a 2.5m x 1.5 flag will be alright to get into the stadium?

Also what is the situation with I.D will a driving licence be enough?

2nd post ever haha!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.