Champions League Final | Useful Information

Anyone travelled from SAW to Istanbul centre/cheapest or best option
On the Uefa City shuttle from SAW. Looks like it goes 1 stop straight to Taksim. There was a big (slow looking) queue for taxis outside the airport an hour ago. Google maps said 1hr (car) from SAW, we've been going an hour already and Google says we're still 45 mins away - the route is pretty crazy - way north over a bridge to come back on ourselves from the other side of the city. Not sure if all shuttle routes from SAW are like this.. or because of traffic/ time of day. I would probably have taken an Uber if I'd known. Or tried the local bus - might take a more direct route.

Only one bar at the fan zone apparently everyone gone back to taksim
Is there anywhere walkable from the fan zone that sells cans does anyone know? Not sure if I can go two hours before this one without a drink

I recommend the Garden 1897 Restaurant in Sultanahmet. It's actually a hotel but lovely restaurant in the garden. Expect to pay £20 for 2 plates of food and a drink but very high quality stuff and good service.

Anyone travelled from SAW to Istanbul centre/cheapest or best option
I jumped on the Havabus, claret and white, parked close by as you exit the airport. Ask the driver which one is going to Taksim. 75TL, though it’s a long journey with traffic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.