Champions League Final | Useful Information

You might find this an interesting read about the 2005 final. Before, during and after the match, hopefully things have improved after 18 year.
Good read that is. I can see plenty of fans missing the game and missing flights back home. It’s going to be carnage.

You might find this an interesting read about the 2005 final. Before, during and after the match, hopefully things have improved after 18 year.
HOLLYFUKINSHIT .... I hope some things have changed in the last 18 years :O

Is it worth staying near this Yenikapi place would you say? That many hotels I haven’t got a clue where to start. Anyone found a decent one for less than £200 a night?

So let's get this right - thousands of blues are staying in and around Taksim Square yet UEFA's shuttle buses are going to dump us all at Yenikapi in the early hours of the morning which is a 6km+ walk from Taksim? Proper fucking organised that!
NOT everyone is staying near Taksim Square, some of us are staying near Yenikapi, so its swings and roundabouts!!
I would have had to do the opposite to anyone staying near Taksim!!!

Is it worth staying near this Yenikapi place would you say? That many hotels I haven’t got a clue where to start. Anyone found a decent one for less than £200 a night?
Yenikapi is basically the Fatih region I think. Plenty already staying round there. Loads of options within 20 mins walking distance. Most are staying there or Beyoğlu/Taksim.

Just did a bit of digging and it seems like Google Maps knows about extended public transport for after the match. Loads of metro/tram/buses showing every few minutes up to approx. 2.30am from Yenikapi (The drop off point for courtesy buses after the game). After 2.30am you’ll probably be need a taxi to get anywhere.

Interestingly, Google maps doesn’t show any metro’s AFTER the game from the stadium.

Regarding use of phones and SIM cards, I recommend using a company called SIM corner. Especially if you are staying for 4 or 5 days.

I've bought from these several times for trips all over the place, and data coverage has always been fantastic, including mountains and rural areas. You don't get calls and texts but don't have to worry about being connected to WiFi for your full holiday, good for using WhatsApp, Google Maps etc.

Relevant link above for the correct product. £24 for 15 days worth of data, just stick it in the phone when you land. Use code TRAVEL5 to get it for ££22.80.
Do you know if you can use this at the same time as your normal sim, I.e. have them both in phone and switch between this for data and your normal one for calls. My phone can apparently have dual sim but nothing to suggest on sim corner you can do this with their sim so unsure...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.