Champions League Final | Useful Information

So, it’s now 1:30 am in Istanbul. The Europa league has just been presented after extra time and penalties. If this is same for us, then it’s going to be bedlam trying to get to SAW for 07:00 flight

So, it’s now 1:30 am in Istanbul. The Europa league has just been presented after extra time and penalties. If this is same for us, then it’s going to be bedlam trying to get to SAW for 07:00 flight

I'm in the same boat. I was thinking of getting one about 6.30am but thought an extra half an hour would be good for peace of mind.

If they're shuttling straight to the airports after the game we should be fine. I'm not going back to a hotel though as getting an internal flight back to Dalaman and just in Istanbul for the 24 hours. Think most will be staying an additional day or so so hopefully the shuttles to the airport aren't as chaotic as the ones back into town.

Our game shouldn't go to extra time and penalties with 20 minutes injury time. That's over an hour taken off the total.

Couple of bits of updated info.

If you are loading foreign exchange cards, Wise, Revolut etc, you are now getting close to 26TRY to the £1 GBP

Tesco, Post Office etc you are getting just over 22TRY to the £1 GBP

What I’m really saying is beer and kebabs are getting cheaper by the day.

@kerem gokmen is the TRY likely to drop further, from your informed position as finance professional.

Maya.net do an Esim for Turkey £4 for 1GB or £6 for 3GB or £9 for 5GB. Definitely worth a look if you’re looking to have phone coverage away from Wi-Fi in hotels / bars. It lasts 30 days so you can load it now and have it installed and ready for when you land in Turkey.

Taksim Square is going to have the huge Champions League trophy displayed so will be a hotspot for the worlds media as well as fans. Let’s have our flags, scarves etc on show and showcase to the world how our amazing fans respect culture and other people whilst having a great time.

Cannot wait. CTID

--------------------WARNING---------------
i ve just checked if my contactless credit/debit card workng in metro. IT IS NOT WORKING. altough it is announced that we may use them starting from 2023.

so, you have to buy ISTANBULCARD for transportation.

I also talked with the guy working there. Credit cards are not working in machines which you can buy ISTANBULCARD. So you have to put some Turkish lira to the machines to buy your istanbulcards.

He also told me that, istanbulcard application for mobile phones is not suitable for tourists. it uses mobile phone numbers, so it is problematic. dont use that app.

cheers.

Couple of bits of updated info.

If you are loading foreign exchange cards, Wise, Revolut etc, you are now getting close to 26TRY to the £1 GBP

Tesco, Post Office etc you are getting just over 22TRY he £1 GBP

What I’m really saying is beer and kebabs are getting cheaper by the day.

@kerem gokmen is the TRY likely to drop further, from your informed position as finance professional.

Maya.net do an Esim for Turkey £4 for 1GB or £6 for 3GB or £9 for 5GB. Definitely worth a look if you’re looking to have phone coverage away from Wi-Fi in hotels / bars. It lasts 30 days so you can load it now and have it installed and ready for when you land in Turkey.

Taksim Square is going to have the huge Champions League trophy displayed so will be a hotspot for the worlds media as well as fans. Let’s have our flags, scarves etc on show and showcase to the world how our amazing fans respect culture and other people whilst having a great time.

Cannot wait. CTID
i expect a much better from blues at taksim :))) cheers

--------------------WARNING---------------
i ve just checked if my contactless credit/debit card workng in metro. IT IS NOT WORKING. altough it is announced that we may use them starting from 2023.

so, you have to buy ISTANBULCARD for transportation.

I also talked with the guy working there. Credit cards are not working in machines which you can buy ISTANBULCARD. So you have to put some Turkish lira to the machines to buy your istanbulcards.

He also told me that, istanbulcard application for mobile phones is not suitable for tourists. it uses mobile phone numbers, so it is problematic. dont use that app.

cheers.
Thought travel was free to ticket holders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.