Champions League Final | Useful Information

It'll be a doddle for any able bodied fan mate. The only problem I foresee is our lot being too pissed and sunstroked, leaving it too late to get up to the ground.
I checked on the champions league app on the rules of being late! And it says as long as security allows then you will be let in if late! Not that I’m gonna be late.gonna be first one there haha CTID

Couple of bits of updated info.

If you are loading foreign exchange cards, Wise, Revolut etc, you are now getting close to 26TRY to the £1 GBP

Tesco, Post Office etc you are getting just over 22TRY to the £1 GBP

What I’m really saying is beer and kebabs are getting cheaper by the day.

@kerem gokmen is the TRY likely to drop further, from your informed position as finance professional.

Maya.net do an Esim for Turkey £4 for 1GB or £6 for 3GB or £9 for 5GB. Definitely worth a look if you’re looking to have phone coverage away from Wi-Fi in hotels / bars. It lasts 30 days so you can load it now and have it installed and ready for when you land in Turkey.

Taksim Square is going to have the huge Champions League trophy displayed so will be a hotspot for the worlds media as well as fans. Let’s have our flags, scarves etc on show and showcase to the world how our amazing fans respect culture and other people whilst having a great time.

Cannot wait. CTID

Agree with what you're saying but always think it's handy to have a little bit of currency from the offset. I have a Starling card and will be using that when I can but ordered 100GBP of Lira yesterday as that was the minimum it would let me do.

I know you can withdraw over there but then the machine probably charges anyway. Last time I was in Spain I had to doublecheck as it was something daft like 8 Euros each withdrawal from their bank. I dont like carrying lots of cash around with me so I got stung a few times before I picked up on it. Can't imagine it'll be an issue in Istanbul but in Menorca there's limited places where you can find one too and sometimes have to travel a few miles to actually get your money out.

I checked on the champions league app on the rules of being late! And it says as long as security allows then you will be let in if late! Not that I’m gonna be late.gonna be first one there haha CTID

Don't know why anyone would splash circa 2k on a trip and then chance it for 2 or 3 more pints in town. You're at their mercy when abroad, better towing the line and getting there early. Fanzone at the ground sells beer if needed.

What about late, pissed up, and with a fake ticket? Is it water cannon time?

Have all of the “neutral“ tickets sold out? Just trying to gauge how many of them will be queuing up with us for the shuttle buses after the match. No doubt there’ll be several thousand “VIPs” with their own transport, but what about the other 20,000+? Are these likely to be City/inter fans? Are there likely to be many neutral Turks driving to the stadium? Will they be using the metro with the Inter fans, or will they be in our bus queue? And roughly how many City fans will be heading directly back to the airport rather than joining the shuttle bus queue?

How many, roughly, do we expect to be in the shuttle bus queue? 10,000? 25,000? 40,000+?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.