Champions League Final | Useful Information

Thought id just pop this on here , for any others who may come across the same.
We had booked 3 nights with booking.com , yesterday the money was supposed to be taken . I woke up to a email saying booking would be cancelled if i didnt update my card , the same card i made another booking with 2 days earlier for somewhere else without a problem.
So i checked was no problem with the card , but i updated it just in case , i got confirmation card was updated.
Few minutes later i got a email saying the hotel had cancelled my booking.
After a few messages via chat on booking.com the owner sent me his whatsapp number .. he tried telling me booking.com was having problems and leave it with him and he will sort it out . We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for 364.50 euros , this morning he kindly got back to me but said the price is now 480 euros , i kindly told him to feck off and you cannot rip city fans off .
The hotel is called Hotel Pino Verde in taksim he now as the rooms on booking.com for 612 euros . talk about trying to cash in ? so watch your bookings in case there all at it . Weve rebooked and paid elsewhere .
That's shite but sadly not uncommon around such high profile events. Been loads of stories down the years of hotels cancelling bookings on fans and then charging 2,3,4, or even 5 times for the same rooms.

Where are people getting their Lira from? Annoyingly the minimum Lira I can find online is 150 GBP. I only want some cash for street vendors etc., who may not take card.

Is it worth taking out of an ATM once over there?
Eurochange have branches in a few places. Town, stockport, Ashton, Hyde for example.

In stock and good rate

We had booked 3 nights with booking.com , yesterday the money was supposed to be taken . I woke up to a email saying booking would be cancelled if i didnt update my card , the same card i made another booking with 2 days earlier for somewhere else without a problem.
So i checked was no problem with the card , but i updated it just in case , i got confirmation card was updated.
After a few messages via chat on booking.com the owner sent me his whatsapp number .. he tried telling me booking.com was having problems and leave it with him and he will sort it out . We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for 364.50 euros , this morning he kindly got back to me but said the price is now 480 euros , i kindly told him to feck off and you cannot rip city fans off .
The hotel is called Hotel Pino Verde in taksim he now as the rooms on booking.com for 612 euros . talk about trying to cash in ? so watch your bookings in case there all at it . Weve rebooked and paid elsewhere .
He's had you over. Complain to Booking.com

Sure ‘we’ can find 10 mins while over there to have a quiet word with ‘the owner’ about ethical business practices !

Can anyone confirm. Thanks.

We have to be inside the ground 2 hours before kick off? And the stadium gates will be closed at a certain time before the start of the match? May have read it, but I can’t remember exactly. Thanks.

Getting there on Thursday, so going to try and do a dry run to the ground on Friday with a few beers in a bag, via the designated UEFA route for City fans. Will post an update if I do get around to doing it?
If you do, I’d be grateful if you could check out the seating arrangements at the fan park. How extensive are they?

I don’t fancy spending a few hours standing in the fan park, followed by 2-3 hours stood watching the match, followed by hours stood in a queue for the shuttle bus

cheers

What a t***! As somebody has said report him to booking.com. Hopefully nobody snaps the room up at the inflated price and his greed akin to cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Where are people getting their Lira from? Annoyingly the minimum Lira I can find online is 150 GBP. I only want some cash for street vendors etc., who may not take card.

Is it worth taking out of an ATM once over there?
just use the atm , even if charged you will probably be better off than here as long as you dont except the conversion rate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.