Champions League Final | Useful Information

Am I missing something? Why is everyone looking at getting buses instead of the metro? I know it’s a couple of line changes but traffic is horrendous in Istanbul. Last time I was there I ended up sacking the taxi off half way and walking the last mile or so.

UEFA want fans to arrive at fan zones at 1 pm because the traffic is terrible and public transport is unreliable. We asked the FSE to ensure UEFA understand this is very unlikely to happen. UEFA will provide reasonably priced food and beer at fan zones. Shuttle buses are frequent and accessible (for elderly/disabled fans - vans to transport fans from drop-off to fan zones if necessary). The fan zones will close 2 hours before kick-off.

Taksim and Besiktas are Inter Milan travel hubs. Yenikapi is the City travel hub. The respective hubs will drop fans on the appropriate side of the stadium. We know many City fans are staying around Taksim, so we have asked if our fans can use the 'Inter' travel hubs. Waiting for confirmation. There will be shuttle buses after the game for at least 2 hours. There will be free public transport for ticket holders for 36 hours starting at 00:01 on 10/06/2023.

There will be a bag deposit area. Tickets will have to be activated to work and you need to have Bluetooth on for the ticket to work. Charging banks smaller than a phone 'should' be permitted within the stadium. There will be two body searches on entering the ground. Organisers have requested English-speaking police to work the game. E-Cigs and Cigarettes are not permitted in the stadium. 1894 has asked if passports will be required to enter the stadium (FSE to confirm). The word ultra is strictly forbidden - any flags/clothing with the word will not be permitted in the stadium and could get you into trouble with the police.

The FSE will provide 1894 with a Turkish 'legal framework' document with FAQs which fans should read in case they get into trouble. City fans should check coverage to ensure they don't get a big bill for mobile data usage. You need a passport number to access the internet (including wifi).

1894 will be in contact with FSE on the day of the game. They can escalate issues directly to UEFA.
I can absolutely tell that the big bottleneck here is going to be after the game. There really doesn’t seem to be the infrastructure to deal with 70k people all heading out at the same time.

I can absolutely tell that the big bottleneck here is going to be after the game. There really doesn’t seem to be the infrastructure to deal with 70k people all heading out at the same time.
I stressed this point - but FSE said UEFA have really invested into this. The shuttle buses will continue running until all fans are gone basically.

The FSE seemed pretty happy with the level of planning from uefa. Apparently last year was a bit of a wake up call.

I stressed this point - but FSE said UEFA have really invested into this. The shuttle buses will continue running until all fans are gone basically.

The FSE seemed pretty happy with the level of planning from uefa. Apparently last year was a bit of a wake up call.
But with the stadium being so many miles away they will need hundred and hundreds of shuttle buses. I’m sure they’ll get us all back but I have an uneasy feeling that some will be waiting around all night.

I might have to fuck off two minutes before the whistle like at the Etihad ;-)

Am I missing something? Why is everyone looking at getting buses instead of the metro? I know it’s a couple of line changes but traffic is horrendous in Istanbul. Last time I was there I ended up sacking the taxi off half way and walking the last mile or so.

From what I understand ….

Metro station is North side of stadium and our entrance is South Side, apparently a 30 min walk.

Uber only use regular yellow taxi, same as Bitaksi app. Taxi/Uber drop off will be far from stadium, again, a 30 min walk.

The coach drop off will be at the fan zone, at the stadium.

The authorities will be diverting some traffic to provide a more efficient coach transfer from/to city/stadium.

Uefa want to keep the metro for inter fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.