Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

My bad, I keep forgetting who's drawn against who. So semis:
Liverpool v Villareal unless by some miracle Benfica win, although they're 3-1 down AND the match is at Anfield, which is not a good sign
City v Real Madrid/Chelsea

Its actually tragic seeing people get upset that a small team beat Bayern and Juventus.
Im not upset. I watched quite a but of their games v bayern and villareal were deserving of the win. Bayern were very lack lustre. If villareal can defend well then tehy have a very good counter attack. Id prefer them to play liverpool based on what i saw.

who the hell was that. I have never seen that Chelsea no17 before

Im not upset. I watched quite a but of their games v bayern and villareal were deserving of the win. Bayern were very lack lustre. If villareal can defend well then tehy have a very good counter attack. Id prefer them to play liverpool based on what i saw.

Same and 11 fully rested players, so they won't be lacking energy.

Its actually tragic seeing people get upset that a small team beat Bayern and Juventus.
They'll probably give Liverpool more trouble than either of those two could anyway. I expect Liverpool to jam their way through but watching Bayern lately, Liverpool would do to them what we did to Liverpool but with more clinical finishers.

In some ways I agree, the rules have changed over time and in that period football became the most popular sport in the world. Using this as a metric, I'd say that the rules DID work before VAR and the problem isn't with the rules or the referees it's with the 24 hour news sport channels, click chasing media and drama addicted social media that make a living by turning every marginal decision into a week long story and 'talking point'.
We've all been at games and seen goals that may have been marginally offside given but they were accepted as part of the game as fans at the actual match know how these decisions are made in real time and accepted them as part of the game, the same with most other decisions during a game.
I strongly disagree that there are more correct decisions now though, the 'correct decicions' are ones according to the new simplified VAR laws particularly regarding the mm offsides (Sterling at the weekend with the wrong frame used or Aguero coming back from offside to receive the ball in an onside position v Spurs in the CL) or goals chalked off because the ball brushed a hand or arm (tonight's Chelsea goal or Laporte v Spurs).
There's still exactly the same number of wrong or missed decisions as there have ever been except now the rules have been dumbed down for the hard of thinking and a hell of a lot of people don't celebrate goals anymore like they used to which doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade off for goals being disallowed by mm to me.
That's probably a topic for a different thread though.
As you say it's a topic for elsewhere, we shall agree to disagree on that and both hopefully enjoy watching Chelsea get knocked out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.