Champions League Games 21/22 Nov

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to BT Sport: "We lost because in the first half we should be 5-0 up but we could not score one goal after being so dominant. It looks for many periods int he first half it was impossible not to win. I think the majority of the second half the feeling of everyone was OK, it will be 0-0, but they got the late goal.

"It is not fair for Blind to blame himself. He had a very positive game. We have to blame everyone on the pitch because we had so many chances.

"We don't need to win the (final group) match, we don't even need to draw, but obviously we will try to win."

Bloke's on crack

Nope it’d be boring as f*** but we’d still, win. How can you deny that playing PSG wouldn’t be incredible
I only want to win it, and don't see the point risking not winning it, by playing the best team possible, yes we might win, but we might not, and as I will be there, I only want to see us win it.

Hard to work that out is it ?

ragcafe (a sample)
"Basel deserved the goal and the win.

That United side tonight were just dire really.

Joyless, boring drivel football that no-one should be paying to watch, let alone paying to travel to and watch.

And I'm a fan of Mourinho. But come on, this is just so boring. "

"Treated it like a friendly against a team treating it like a cup final. Got what we deserved"

Woeful stuff.

Our full backs were abysmal. Offered nothing and collectively at fault for the goal.

Herrera has become a passenger, only passing backwards and sideways.

Far too many chances missed first half. Second half about as bad as they come.

No need to finish the game with 3 in midfield.

"Jose out "

"MOURINHO OUT "

Snafu17Full Member
This was just ridiculously stupid. Could have rested players against CSKA but I guess we would just rather have to play a full XI a couple of days before the derby whilst City (who seem to be the considerably less stupid team) get to play their U23s if they want

hahaha, small bitter ****, he knows he is missing one name here :D

hicYYYulSU_7coyqUN-BQA.png

I only want to win it, and don't see the point risking not winning it, by playing the best team possible, yes we might win, but we might not, and as I will be there, I only want to see us win it.

Hard to work that out is it ?
Not in the slightest but I appreciate your concern. My point is you’re living in the olden days where we’d probably screw it up. Peps changing all that. Doesn’t matter who we play so why not beat the best?

Do you think teams like Barca, Real and Bayern say ohh I hope we draw Caravan FK so we can win the CL? Nope they just get on with it and beat the best. We need a shift in our attitude.

Snafu17Full Member
This was just ridiculously stupid. Could have rested players against CSKA but I guess we would just rather have to play a full XI a couple of days before the derby whilst City (who seem to be the considerably less stupid team) get to play their U23s if they want
The penny has dropped with this one.

Fair enough if true, though why not stick to "head to head" ?

Basically they are through and group winners barring something miraculous.
Head to head could end with CSKA beating the scum, Basel beating CSKA and the scum beating Basel. No clear winners. They're through barring something miraculous, coming second is more likely but they'll probably be first.

So assuming the everyone on here is correct that if 3 teams a level you wipe away the Benfica games and go off goal difference etc between the 3 teams:
----------------Goals For-------Goals Against------Goal Diff--------Points
1. United-------7---------------------2-------------------5----------------6 (Would need to lose to CSKA for this scenario)
2. Basel---------4---------------------5-----------------.-1----------------6 (Would need to beat Benfica for this scenario)
3. CSKA----------3--------------------7-----------------.-4----------------3* (Technically 6, would need to beat United)

So CSKA need a 5-0 win and Basel need a 2-0 win, so United are fine unfortunately. They won't even finish 2nd in all seriousness, which we probably wouldn't want as Basel or CSKA in the next round would be better for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.