Champions League Games 5/6 March

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by karen7, 5 Mar 2019.

1. mat

mat

For once, I'm with ickkle mikky on this one.

2. jimharri

jimharri

Oh dear. Apart from the obvious disappointment of the rags benefitting last night, the fact that VAR shafted that odious tw@is a joy to behold.

mat likes this.
  3. jared

jared

Never a penalty. Lucky rags

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron

Whenever either the Rags or the dippers play in europe there is a overwhelming pro English aspect of the BT coverage which is without doubt seriously lacking whenever we play. I guess it's BT's insistence of having a least 3 pundits who have some sort of connection to either of them but its the commentators and sidekicks who seem to begin rubbing themselves up whenever there's a bit of hope for them that really gets me.

Last night for instance they mentioned how it could be yet another special night in the competition about 5 times. Juventus 199t f*cking 9 got a couple of mentions. Every time they got a corner the Bayern final got a mention. McPointy had seen their kids play a lot recently and they were all fucking world beaters. And it also seems they have a couple of injuries as well apparently.

If awards were given for media ball ticking this average team would have a clean mop up at the awards. Sickening.

Murph likes this.
  5. ken tali

ken tali

Two legs is the only way to go in the play-offs ,but the away goal rule is utter bulls..t.I do hope they will change it soon.

6. mat

mat

Its being removed.

Cant remember if its next season or one after though?

7. rnblade

rnblade

Save this post.
    You can bet money on Schalke getting another penalty after seeing the comedy that happened with the rags.
    We should just not bother shooting. Just flick it at the defenders arm.

8. asaluttar

asaluttar

This has been stated before by others, but if you follow a typical close match on bluemoon (full of gloom and doom) and then watch a recording, it would feel like a completely different game.

Most of the games we have lost or won narrowly, on second viewing you realise invariably City were still way superior, much more control and better passing, and just lost due to silly mistakes, missed chances or sheer luck (as in an unbelievable goal by an average opposition player).

I would strongly believe over the past couple of years City would beat Madrid, for instance, 8 times out of 10.

9. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

And our ref didn't get to look at a monitor.

He was instructed by a 3rd party (ies), through his earpiece to point for a penalty.

UEFA the next day put out some kind of spurious statement to confirm that the situation was 'orally described to the ref, to allow him to come to the correct decision '.

What corruption?

karen7 likes this.
  10. Matt the Giant

Matt the Giant

Well, that's so elementary and obvious I didn' mention him, nor Phil "Maldini" Jones.