Champions League Games 7/8 May

Spurs went to Klanfield recently and played them off the park in the 2nd half and should have won , until Spurs clown keeper threw one in his own net in injury time , as usual the Dippers will be full of pre-match arrogance but the Dippers do not do well when they are favourites or in the lead , they like to be plucky underdogs , Spurs have every chance of stuffing the candlelighters in the final
PLus Pool won 2-1 at Spurs, but Spurs had a blatant 90th minute penalty turned down (one of many re Pool this year)

One which the dippers can win having lost, what, 4 matches in the competition. Yet they may not win the league having lost only one match.
Shows how luck is needed more in Cup competitions.
Yet conversely, we lost only 2 chimps league games, and didn't win, whist we could potentially lose 5 league games and still win the league.....

As I said after the Liverpool game, no professional football team blows a 3-0 lead. Ajax despite their brilliant football have arguably outdone Barca’s embarrassing performance. I sincerely hope bottling games isn’t a theme for this week.

Something that has been missed in all the euphoric coverage of last night is the sheer naivety of Ajax in the last few minutes of the game. They actually had the ball on the edge of the Spurs penalty area in the 93rd minute and a player took a shot. It went out for a goal kick and Spurs then had possession. Compare what we did in the last couple of minutes at Burnley and on Monday, they needed to just kill the game but didnt.

A UEFA spokesperson said “All relevant angles were made available to the referee to take his decision last night.” Whether that's true or not how the fuck do I know, I wasn't there, hence the "apparently."
I watched it on the tv,you could see the screen,they showed him the front angle several time but not the one from behind the goal,we were stiched up

Something that has been missed in all the euphoric coverage of last night is the sheer naivety of Ajax in the last few minutes of the game. They actually had the ball on the edge of the Spurs penalty area in the 93rd minute and a player took a shot. It went out for a goal kick and Spurs then had possession. Compare what we did in the last couple of minutes at Burnley and on Monday, they needed to just kill the game but didnt.
ah but that hadn't been exposed the sean dyche master class of tatics like pep last season ;-)

Now everybody can get a sense of how we all felt in 2012.
To win a title in the dying seconds, take the Spurs game and multiply by oooh, 30?

I watched it on the tv,you could see the screen,they showed him the front angle several time but not the one from behind the goal,we were stiched up
Completely agree, whilst not wanting to cry over spilt milk, I do wonder when the first legal challenge over such an incident will come.
Easy to say ref didn’t see it but much more difficult to say TV angles didn’t see it. Transparency will have to be mandated and I’m sure will be (in time).

Completely agree, whilst not wanting to cry over spilt milk, I do wonder when the first legal challenge over such an incident will come.
Easy to say ref didn’t see it but much more difficult to say TV angles didn’t see it. Transparency will have to be mandated and I’m sure will be (in time).
Transparency is a bigger taboo word in uefa circles than racism so unlikely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.