Champions League Games 7/8 May

Something that has been missed in all the euphoric coverage of last night is the sheer naivety of Ajax in the last few minutes of the game. They actually had the ball on the edge of the Spurs penalty area in the 93rd minute and a player took a shot. It went out for a goal kick and Spurs then had possession. Compare what we did in the last couple of minutes at Burnley and on Monday, they needed to just kill the game but didnt.
And also Ajax had played a cup final 3 days previously, which they won 4-0.

Two comebacks in two days like that.

Fuck off. Not having it.
I have to say, I find it bordering on incredible too, but firstly barca deserved it for the shithouse way they played all night, I thought they were a complete disgrace.

Then there's ajax, wtf ? 2-0 up at home, 3-0 on aggregate ? They started the second half like it was already over, and fair play to spurs for realising that, and then having a go, but once at 2-2 on the night, wtf were ajax doing, I know they lack experience, but surely they were capable of getting hold of the ball and keeping it, but they never even tried. Even then as it wore on beyond the 5 minutes of added time, they continued to act like they were brain dead, and in the end thoroughly deserved what they got. I hope PSV win their league now too.

Still unreal what has happened the past few nights of CL...stuff like that shouldn’t happen but did.

How does he explain the Liverpool team that cost 22 million more than ours from the starting line up in the last PL game. What an idiot the dogger is. Spurs, fair play to them but my god they have had some luck getting to the final
Nothing new though, winning the CL does require luck.

Transparency is a bigger taboo word in uefa circles than racism so unlikely
Whilst I tend to agree, I think VAR will ultimately change to vocalise the discussions and show the replays. This smoke and mirrors approach is no longer acceptable in society today and contentious, sorry blatant misuse such as the Llorente no show angle, will be challenged. The excuse of fans rioting is bollocks.
If ref was shown the angle and still said goal then fair enough, the refs bent, stupid or blind. However when a man in the van says don’t show that angle then corruption is on everyone’s lips.
Hopefully with the traditional big clubs on the slide, more clubs will rise to the surface, and uefa at decide to feast at a new trough. Be interesting to see where football is in 5 years and which clubs dominate.

Pep overthought it,put in 2 of our worse players and played for a 0-0 then nick an away goal,stupid,play our normal game with our best players,if he is sad it's his own fault

I don’t disagree with any of that but Pep couldn’t legislate for a missed penalty or two brain farts from LaPorte. Not to mention the VAR fiasco. They all contributed but I agree on Pep - he did overthink it. Most of us on here didn’t agree with that team selection

The big change next season is the change to the away goals rule. Spurs won 1 nil and lost 4-3 and went through against us. Then lost 1 nil and won 3-2 and went through again. In no other sport or competition that I can think isa 1 nil result taken as being better than a 4-3 result.

The big change next season is the change to the away goals rule. Spurs won 1 nil and lost 4-3 and went through against us. Then lost 1 nil and won 3-2 and went through again. In no other sport or competition that I can think isa 1 nil result taken as being better than a 4-3 result.
Of course. It's a nonsensical rule. Spurs didn't win either the quarters or semis, yet are in the final. It's incredible that such an arbitrary designation decides the outcome of many of the biggest games in world football. Penalty kicks is much fairer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.