Champions League Groups (Update p6)

MadchesterCity said:
sam-caddick said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
All this thread does is to confirm the experience of the last two years - there are some real "groups of death" possible. The balance of probabilities suggests we'll get an easier one this year, but it will be easier, not easy. Our friends from Stretford wouldn't like a group where they (Pot 1) draw Atletico, Dortmund and Napoli - but it's possible.

They are due a tough group.

If we get a group of death again and they end up with similar to what they have had in the past couple of campaigns it would be a complete joke!

But we all know that this will happen

Far be it from me to suggest anything but if City get another "group of death" the word "joke" will not be what we are saying it is.

We will get a group of death they will get a piss easy group, we will qualify they won't serious questions will be asked about Moyes, come Christmas he will be out the door and Baconface will be back in charge. (Not sure whether the above is good or bad)

For gods sake people,this is UEFA we are dealing with.. the most corrupt organisation in the world,full of back hander merchants.

Of course we are going to get a tough group.

The seedings ensure big clubs make it as far as possible..its about TV money..

Heaven forbid that two lowly teams get to the final.

As someone said to me before (might of been on here)

By special request from UEFA our group will have
Ourselves, Barca, Bayern Munich and the 1970 Brazilan world cup team.

OxBlue said:
As someone said to me before (might of been on here)

By special request from UEFA our group will have
Ourselves, Barca, Bayern Munich and the 1970 Brazilan world cup team.

surely if we have to play a team of 60+ year old brazilians we mught manage to register at least 1 victory

then again it is City in the CL so I'm not so sure!

We'll get a hard group as expected, but teams will want to meet us even less this year. The first season we were drawn against Bayern, we just weren't as good as we thought we were, or as good as anyone else thought we were either. It looks like this window will be addressing our main deficiencies that saw us fail in the CL, so providing Pellegrini can get off to a quick enough start we should be far more formidable in Europe. Maybe start consistently winning some away games too!

I know it's not good to look too far in advance but.......... once the new campaign starts we drop to 30th so we could do with a good season to ensure were in pot 3 the season after. When the 2014/15 campaign starts we will rise quite a few places as we only deduct just over 3 points. So as long as we have 2 decent seasons in Europe, by 2015/16 we should be in pot 2. Never underestimate Europa if you want to be in a higher pot

samharris said:
For gods sake people,this is UEFA we are dealing with.. the most corrupt organisation in the world,full of back hander merchants.

Of course we are going to get a tough group.

The seedings ensure big clubs make it as far as possible..its about TV money..

Heaven forbid that two lowly teams get to the final.

Most competitions have seedings in these days. If you look at group 1 I would say there are some fairly big clubs missing from it this season.
Also UEFA are not the most corrupt
1) The EU
2) FIFA
3) UEFA

My ideal group would be Barca/Milan/Celtic for the trips/piss up.

Best group to get for us to go through though would be Benfica/Marseille/Plzen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.