Champions League (now includes 2012 prize money)

Re: Champions League

I would like to see us at least get passed the Group Stages and then see how far we can go.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Surely winning this is the next aim. So when do we expect to win this? This season? Next season? 5 years?
Barcelona have been in European competition for many years. It took them about 40 years to win their first and another 14 years to win their second. Arsenal were good enough to win it at any point between about 1998-2006 and never did it.

Never expect for things to happen because you'll end up disappointed more often than not.

Priority is the Prem, every season, no matter what. It was pointed out (by SWP's back I think) that the difference in prize money for Chelsea between going out against United in the 1/4's last season to winning it this season was about £8m; that's it. All we wish for is to get as far as we can in that comp. if we ever get to win it, then great, what a bonus and bit of prestige that will be but really it's not greatly important.

Before Mancini leaves, so within 5 years.

Premier League has to be the priority going forward though. Win the PL and you're in Europe anyway and you get massive bragging rights as a club (most competitive league yadda yadda).

But with the current City squad at full strength (plus whoever else comes in the window) there's no reason to think we couldn't win it.

Skashion said:
I don't think setting a Champions League target is realistic. We should judge our Champions League progression by the circumstances.

This^^^^^

You need alot of luck to win the champions league, the best team in it doesn't always win it or get to the final, 1/4 final would be good semi and retain the league would be another amazing season watching the blues! come on city can't wait !

To be honest I don't really care about chumps league success.
For me its few great away trips and it's nice and prestigious to play against big teams but like last season, I was BY FAR more disappointed at getting knocked out of League Cup and FA Cup than i was when we couldn't get out of the group.

Not many delusional people on this thread for a change :p

Seeing as we can't guarantee winning the FA or League Cup I think expecting to win the CL is dreaming. It took Baconface 12/13 years to win one and, as other have pointed out, Mourinho hasn't managed it with Real yet.

Priority is for next few years is PL, with a couple of domestic cup trophies as icing on the cake. CL, I'd be happy with some QFs and ecstatic if we won it.

Dunne's own goal said:
To be honest I don't really care about chumps league success.
For me its few great away trips and it's nice and prestigious to play against big teams but like last season, I was BY FAR more disappointed at getting knocked out of League Cup and FA Cup than i was when we couldn't get out of the group.

Completely agree, let's focus on the league and domestic cups before we worry about Europe. And love the name btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.