Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

Where are we playing our second leg with Madrid
If air bridges are agreed next week between UK and Spain then can play at ours without quarantine issues.

Except that Merseyside police have decided they should be involved (since their team aren't) and objected on safety grounds and it will end up moved to a more neutral venue- Anfield. Don't worry though, they've guaranteed full protection.

I think there is still a chance some fans my be able to attend. Ceferin has made it clear that the possibility is still there and a lot can change between now and the end of August when the final will be played. I fear you may be correct that the sponsors and VIPs would get the tickets. But imagine how good it would be if, say 10,000 fans were allowed in, and tickets were given out free to community groups in Portgual or even to UK families hit by Covid or health workers (with free travel thrown in). I am not turning into John Lennon but wouldn't it be fantastic if UEFA made a gesture like this to restore its reputation?

Whilst I can see the virtue, I think such a response would create more problems than it's worth. There would be bitterness and recriminations about how any tickets would be allocated. I would be jealous of anyone who got a ticket when thousands of us would be denied the chance to apply. I have sympathy with anyone who has lost family members to COVID-19 but I don't think it should entitle them to tickets. Me and my Dad have been on the CL Cup Scheme every year since its inception. The night after the Real Madrid game, my Dad died suddenly. I'm not looking for the sympathy vote, but why should someone who potentially doesn't care about City or football but had a family member die due to COVID-19, get a ticket over me (who does care about City and football but had a family member die for reasons other than COVID-19)? But then why should I get one over people who have hardly missed a game home or away for years on end? As you can see, there are a great many moral and practical dilemmas with such an approach, not to mention a surging black market and stampede of fans landing in Lisbon at very short notice. It should either be business as usual or an empty ground. As I see it, however, I think it's odds-on it will be empty for regular fans but corporate/sponsors won't miss out. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Snippet from Todays bbc virus roundup:

Portugal will reimpose a lockdown from 1 July on parts of Greater Lisbon because of high infection rates. Residents in 19 parishes will have to stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

Snippet from Todays bbc virus roundup:

Portugal will reimpose a lockdown from 1 July on parts of Greater Lisbon because of high infection rates. Residents in 19 parishes will have to stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

Just read that to. According to a German news agency UEFA will make a statement about this today.

say we win this thing, and the ban is upheld or halved as well, so the holders don't play next year, do we still get invited to play in the 'world club micky mouse euro Cup' thing that no one gives a shit about, or are we banned from that as well.

say we win this thing, and the ban is upheld or halved as well, so the holders don't play next year, do we still get invited to play in the 'world club micky mouse euro Cup' thing that no one gives a shit about, or are we banned from that as well.
The 'world' thingy is FIFA run not UEFA so yes we'd be in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.