Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

Would be typical of City to finally win the thing in an empty stadium
..and, should it happen, 50 years on from winning the Cup Winners’ Cup at an (almost) empty Prater Stadium.

Although we’d be on the telly at least, unlike in 1970 when we had to be satisfied with approx. 25 minutes of highlights due to the FACup final replay between Chelsea and Leeds being screened on both BBC and ITV.. normal service (ie covering British teams in European finals fully and live) resumed the following year when Chelsea beat Real in the final in Greece.

Oh and just to reiterate a couple of other things I’m sure you and other Blues are aware of; that final was watched by over 4000 travelling Blues, at the time the largest support ever taken abroad by an English club; and that season was the first time an English club had won domestic and European titles in the same season.. ‘No history, my a*se’..

Like that. Although I think the complete words would be good as well, with a bandaged head on the back.
Had a survey yesterday on various ideas for next years merchandise designs, they seem to be going big on the we’re not really here theme in general.

The 2nd leg against the Tebas's team should be after the CAS result , if we do lose the appeal we will need no further motivation to stuff Real and go on and win the competition , the ultimate embarrasment for UEFA if we win it , the only European Cup/ Champions league winners unable to defend the trophy .
Makes you wonder what FIFA would do about the World Club Champions at the end of the year , would we be allowed to play ?

The 2nd leg against the Tebas's team should be after the CAS result , if we do lose the appeal we will need no further motivation to stuff Real and go on and win the competition , the ultimate embarrasment for UEFA if we win it , the only European Cup/ Champions league winners unable to defend the trophy .
Makes you wonder what FIFA would do about the World Club Champions at the end of the year , would we be allowed to play ?

I would imagine it counts as the conclusion of this years competition? But I’m only guessing

The meeting is still on the 17th June to confirm or decide etc.

As over half of what is leaked out is misinformed I won't be booking the ferry yet.

They were not bothered last time it happened - got a Milan v Barcelona and never heard any mention of OM being banned for the CL or Super Cup once the season got under way. Just like no one gave a shit outside England that when they did not qualify for world cups.

I honestly don’t think they’d be embarrassed at all they don’t want us there plain and simple

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.