Champions League - Qualification close

Marvin

Chelsea are 5th and have 46 points from 27 games. That would make 65 over 38 games and we have 66 points already so we're very close to fulfilling a key objective of the season.

The focus is on the title, but it will be a significant step forward for City if we can qualify two years running.

Spurs and Everton are the two clubs which previously broke the Sky top 4 monopoly on the Champions League but were unable to consolidate at that level. It will be significant if we can qualify again as it raises the profile of the club, and allows us to continue to develop the playing squad

Another target will be to raise our Euro ranking so we can get out of Pot 3, and ensure a reasonable draw that allows for an easier path to the Group stage. Once your on the gravy train it's a lot easier to stay on it and get stronger and stronger

goat boy said:
Good shout. We'd be really unlucky not to get into pot 2 next year, i think.
I have no idea how we're doing with the seedings. I know where we are in the co-efficients table, but I don't know how high you have to be in it to get to Pot 2. It will depend on who else qualifies and where we all stand in relation to each other

Marvin said:
goat boy said:
I have no idea how we're doing with the seedings. I know where we are in the co-efficients table, but I don't know how high you have to be in it to get to Pot 2. It will depend on who else qualifies and where we all stand in relation to each other

I thought there was no chance of us being in pot 2 next year!
Even if we won the Prem and Europa, we would be in pot 3 due to European performance history!

BigBlueNick said:
Marvin said:
goat boy said:

Even if we won the Prem and Europa, we would be in pot 3 due to European performance history!

Premier League performance doesnt come into it, in terms of coefficient, of course you've gotta finish top 4.
I reckon two wins against Sporting and we'll be pretty much ok for pot 2 next year, but to be certain I reckon minimum of quarter finals should do it

Marvin said:
Chelsea are 5th and have 46 points from 27 games. That would make 65 over 38 games and we have 66 points already so we're very close to fulfilling a key objective of the season.

46 points plus a possible 33 points from 11 fixtures gives a maximum of 79 points.

Some way to go yet.

Marvin said:

Er, not by my reckoning.

BigBlueNick said:
Marvin said:
goat boy said:

This has been covered a fair bit so I wont paste all the stuff into this thread.

the long and short of it is that we have a good chance of getting into pot 2 because of higher placed teams not qualifying such as villareal, inter, liverpool. But it will be difficult to tell until closer to the end of the season.

Winning the europa wouldnt do our chances any harm though!

JGL07 said:
Marvin said:

46 points plus a possible 33 points from 11 fixtures gives a maximum of 79 points
Wer'e only giving Chelsea 2 points for a win because of AVB dress sense. Not seen a coat like that since 1960.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.