Champions League Qualification or The FA Cup? You Decide!

Re: Beating Spurs or The FA Cup?

I agree, it's a head over heart scenario but Champions League football is where we need to be.

I don't get it myself, but there's a level of player who just wouldn't consider us as a viable career option without it.

I agree too with the previous poster, it's time to put our hairy bollocks on the chopping block and go for it!!!

Surely the players can flog themselves to death for the last 7 games spread over 4-5 weeks knowing that they'll have at least 4 weeks to recuperate for next season's exertions.

To be honest, the way the league has gone this season, we shouldn't give up on 3rd either until it's mathematically impossible. It'll be the difference between starting pre-season in June or in July with everyone else.....

de niro said:
ffs we need to forget the cup.
absolutly crucial we finish top 4.
I hope our players don't havethis attitude at wembley otherwise we could be in for a good hiding Bolton style. Yes, 4th place is crucial to our "development", and I am sure our new fans will love being in the champs league( as will I) but, what about us poor fuckers who have had nothing go cheer about since 76( the year I was born !) let's not fuck the fa cup, fuck the progress for a season and give it our all for us poor proper fans who want that banner ripped down and to see our Vincent holding The fa cup aloft, we deserve it!!!!
What, if next season we have an fa cup semi that clashes with a champs league quarter? Do we fuck it off again? We will never get a better chance than this, grab it with both hands

weejh said:
de niro said:
ffs we need to forget the cup.
absolutly crucial we finish top 4.
I hope our players don't havethis attitude at wembley otherwise we could be in for a good hiding Bolton style. Yes, 4th place is crucial to our "development", and I am sure our new fans will love being in the champs league( as will I) but, what about us poor fuckers who have had nothing go cheer about since 76( the year I was born !) let's not fuck the fa cup, fuck the progress for a season and give it our all for us poor proper fans who want that banner ripped down and to see our Vincent holding The fa cup aloft, we deserve it!!!!
What, if next season we have an fa cup semi that clashes with a champs league quarter? Do we fuck it off again? We will never get a better chance than this, grab it with both hands

I think you took that too literally, I am sure he doesn't mean lets forget about the cup when we are at Wembley. Until then though we have to take one game at a time and leave the cup out of our minds (or the players have to) as getting 4th is just as important to our development as a side in world football.

City are in the FA Cup Final and this is something that has been earned through blood sweat and tears, once this silverware has been accomplished and being a true blue it will happen this season. City have got great momentum now and spurs are not even being considered to me, with the correct attitude and continued commitment city still have 3rd place as a realistic target.

So forget spurs and enjoy the rest of the season, because it will only get better

without sounding smple. i just won't to win the cup
that will do for me any thng else will be a bonus

What is most important now is that mancini knows his best team. Does he play zabba left back or right back? cos for me he has to be in the team along with de jong vinnie silva these are the most important players for us our backbone that give 100% every game not just a big game with these players in the team every week we can he can change a few about milner barry swp johnson dzeko ballotelli lescott boyata and viera. i think he could get away with swapping some of these players at home but away it would be the strongest possible team.

The Spurs game is the cup final. When we got beat by them last year it felt like we got relegated because I genuinely thought we'd missed a trick by not qualifying last year.

There can't be any excuses this time round. We've been in the top 4 all season (or there abouts) if we fuck it up now it will be absolutely devastating.

Put it this way, if we win the FA Cup and don't qualify for the Champions League then Mancini deserves to be sacked.

Think you've jumped in with both feet there Weejh, not unlike you though ;)

De Niro is right; we need to forget about the final for a couple of weeks and play our strongest 11 every game. We have 7 matches left, there is no reason why we can't play our best players in every game, especially considering we'd have had a 9 day break between the semi and Blackburn.

Ultimately both!

However, I feel that Champions League will happen next year, anyway; we will have a more cohesive squad and will have one or two summer additions, irrespective of champs league. Missing out on the Champs League will not help our FFP status, but in the long term we'll be fine.

Trophies are much harder to come by - ask Wenger!

I also think that winning the FA Cup would harmonise our squad and help develop the togetherness that has been absent, at times, this year. It will also get that particular monkey off our back and allow us to crack on with 'the project' with a greater belief!

Our current squad is underachieving and winning a trophy could also be real turning point for the club.

FFS 35 years... The chance of winning the most famous domestic cup competition in the world, or being an also-ran (e.g. Spurs) in the Champions League?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.