Champions League Semi-Final | Real Madrid vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League

1Man City344780
2Man Utd332967
3Leicester342263
4Chelsea342261

Nineteen points! The table does not lie.

Beat them on Saturday and we can wrap our first team in cotton wool for three whole weeks! While they scrap for fourth place and the FA Cup.
Since Tuchel took over they're only second behind us in the 15 games played.

But the second point you've made about leaving them scrapping, I agree with.

They have only conceded a goal in 6 of their last 24 matches.

For context, we have conceded in 13 of our last 24 matches.

They are rock solid.
We play a higher line, we rarely went behind in a lot of those game and we don't play half as conservatively when we've gone ahead. Plus we've played more top teams who can hurt teams with pace in those games.

Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Wolves, United, Leeds, Villa, BVBx2, PSG make up 10 of the 13 games we conceded in. That's not bad. We won most of them games.

Swansea and Chelsea in the FAC cup against weakened/much changed City teams and Southampton in the league where they scored a penalty early in the game and another while we were 4-1 up. Those make up the rest of those games.

It's not hard to cherry pick stats and convince yourself of something, we can all use whoscored and what not.

Ederson is in the lead for the golden gloves, 18 clean sheets to Mendy's 16. Chelsea have conceded 20 goals from open play this season to City's 12 all season. Including shipping 5 goals to Big Fat Sam's West Brom under Tuchel.

I could see it in this game tonight anyway, besides all the statistics, the eye test can tell you just as much. They played a much worse team, with far less pace and attacking threat and their keeper was called into action numerous times. PSG would have beat Chelsea on the form they showed against us IMO.

edit: It is 13 games I stand mistaken, can't believe I had to go back and count them. Which stat site did you use or did you count manually too?

Last edited:
Watched both legs and neither side comes anywhere close to us.

Chelsea had best get lubed up because they are absolutely getting it.
Lube? Nah. Dry bumbed by cactus will suffice starting with with a bit of painful prickly foreplay this Saturday to soften them up nicely before we play them in the final.

Well,there's no convincing some people, is it some kind of:

"Act like you've already lost then it doesn't hurt as much if we don't win" bluff?

Or is it:

"If I say we'll win, we'll lose. So I'll say I think we'll lose, that will teach um" double-clarky anti-jinx bluff ?

Very superstitious lot some blues can be.

Everyone is of course entitled to their own view but it would be nice if everyone would back our lads for once though instead of trying to create a cloud of negativity and dragging everyone else under it. They are pretty damn good and worthy favourites for the final. We could lose, that's football but you're not gonna lose anything by backing them and it's not wrong to say City are the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.