Champions League Semi-Finals

supercrystal7 said:
Leverkusen once again go and get a great result. I say it every week, but they are doing unbelievably well considering the quality of personnel. 6 points clear of Dortmund and now through to the last 16. Did not watch the game so can not comment more than that.

Bayern were sloppy today, but I think it's more worrying about the way Guardiola set up the team. He played a midfield 3 of Kroos, Thiago and Goetze. A lack of steel and defensive ability in midfield. Then he pushed Lahm and Alaba too far up leaving the defence exposed. The same thing happened against City in the friendly, Dortmund, Chelsea and again today. They were lucky they played a weak Dortmund in the league or else the same thing could have happened again. Lahm due to lack of playing team at right back looked poor today. Thiago was invisible for the entire game and should have come off. Gotze was not very good either.

I don't see Bayern beating Madrid and if they play City I would have them as favourites. Chelsea and Barcelona have a good chance as well.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=289415&start=560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=289415&start=560</a>

Back in December when Pep's terrible tactics were becoming very apparent.

It's not the manner of the defeat that is the cause of concern. Last season when you lost to Bate, it was overlooked by most as a fluke result. When you lost to Arsenal there were concerns raised about your mental strength. There was never any question about the tactics, the set up of strength of the team. The team was brilliantly balanced and the best club side for the last 30 years.

Yesterday was different and not only was there complacency, but there was big problems with the formation and the balance of the team. Bayern have been giving far too many chances to all their opponents and apart from City at the Etihad have been luck to win all of them. Even CSK Moscow had great chances to equalises and go in front.

It's the case of the Emperor's New Clothes as I said. Everybody can see Guardiola's follies, but they pretend not too, because of his record ignoring he was the one that tactically destroyed the Barcelona team. He is doing the same to Dortmund and playing favourites with Thiago.

Alright you called it. Chill out :)
Still think he's a great tactician.

robbieh said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
robbieh said:
Don't think so. Another idealistic manager who doesn't realise that possession is not the be all and end all. Defending is as Mourinho showed just as important.

Well I hope it's not us, as has been promised on here. Much rather Rags get Pep than Carlo.

That is exactly what I alluded to, it went over your head

How so there was nothing that seemed like sarcasm in your post.

So you do want Pep to rock up at Trafford.

I think it's quite clear, and no sarcasm was intended or hidden

The very fact I said "we don't want that" reinforces what I think of him as a manager, I certainly don't want the rags to get him!

RyanP3609 said:
jared said:
I think pep tweaked the team too much sometimes and tried to be cute with his tactics and formations. The German league is a joke this year. Dortmund the only other decent team has been ravaged by injuries so really it was aj ways gonna be breeze for bayern.

But I dun think they should fire pep this season. Despite This humiliation. The defence is a shambles now though.

I can't see them being that knee-jerk but then again wasn't one of their "legends" saying how crap Pep's been since going there? Can't remember who but he was going on about how awful to watch they've been since he's took over.

Be good if they got rid of him and went for Van Gaal... we'll then get the news that scum have decided to "pursue other managers as Van Gaal isn't good enough" or some shit like that.

Think it was beckenbaur that criticized the team style of play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.