Champions League Semi-Finals

Vincents Tackle said:
Can someone remind me why Ancelotti lost his job at Chelsea
You will need a billion pound computer to figure that one out,probably the best manager in world football.

supercrystal7 said:
blue_sonic176 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Leverkusen once again go and get a great result. I say it every week, but they are doing unbelievably well considering the quality of personnel. 6 points clear of Dortmund and now through to the last 16. Did not watch the game so can not comment more than that.

Bayern were sloppy today, but I think it's more worrying about the way Guardiola set up the team. He played a midfield 3 of Kroos, Thiago and Goetze. A lack of steel and defensive ability in midfield. Then he pushed Lahm and Alaba too far up leaving the defence exposed. The same thing happened against City in the friendly, Dortmund, Chelsea and again today. They were lucky they played a weak Dortmund in the league or else the same thing could have happened again. Lahm due to lack of playing team at right back looked poor today. Thiago was invisible for the entire game and should have come off. Gotze was not very good either.

I don't see Bayern beating Madrid and if they play City I would have them as favourites. Chelsea and Barcelona have a good chance as well.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=289415&start=560" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=289415&start=560</a>

Back in December when Pep's terrible tactics were becoming very apparent.

It's not the manner of the defeat that is the cause of concern. Last season when you lost to Bate, it was overlooked by most as a fluke result. When you lost to Arsenal there were concerns raised about your mental strength. There was never any question about the tactics, the set up of strength of the team. The team was brilliantly balanced and the best club side for the last 30 years.

Yesterday was different and not only was there complacency, but there was big problems with the formation and the balance of the team. Bayern have been giving far too many chances to all their opponents and apart from City at the Etihad have been luck to win all of them. Even CSK Moscow had great chances to equalises and go in front.

It's the case of the Emperor's New Clothes as I said. Everybody can see Guardiola's follies, but they pretend not too, because of his record ignoring he was the one that tactically destroyed the Barcelona team. He is doing the same to Dortmund and playing favourites with Thiago.

Alright you called it. Chill out :)
Still think he's a great tactician.
It's nothing to do with calling things, but just making comments about tactics. I only linked a few of my previous post to show that this is not kneejerk, but something everyone could observe from watching Bayern.

One of the reasons I love this forum over even the Palace forum I post in is because there are people that can have a conversation about tactics.

Holloway, Keller, Moyes and Guardiola have done three of the worst jobs I have seen this season. Lucky for us Holloway was a big enough man to realise he had made a mess and walk away giving us a chance to stay up.

What's the one common denominator between those managers?

You don't need a tactics board to check

Absolute nonsense!

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
All this tippy tappy crap with no end product looks awfully familiar...
I don't even think this is tika taka (?) football. When Barca done it they were fast with it, Bayern are just slow and predictable. They're actually more like Arsenal than Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.