Champions League

scenecreamer said:
Bale does play very well, but I think he would have been less an issue if Cambiaso had played

Cambiasso has been on the bench for most of their CL games this season.....

Stankovic was also missing for them last night and he starts ahead of Cambiasso.....

That said, we played with arguably our 4th and 5th choice CB's (King, Dawson, Woodgate all ahead of Gallas and Kaboul), 2nd choice keeper, 2nd choice RB (Corluka is injured) and without our top goalscorer......

So if you include the goalkeeper as a back 5, we had 1 of our first choice back 5 playing last night, VDV went off at half time and Defoe has not played since August.... I think many teams would struggle.....

If someone said to Mancini, you have to play the European Champions but you have no Toure, Kompany, Boateng, Hart, Tevez and Silva can only play half the game....

Maybe some of you might appreciate how strong our squad is to cope with those injuries..

According to UEFA's rankings we are in the hardest CL group.....

Inter..... number 1 seed, defending champions
Werder Bremen, number 1 ranked side from pot 2
Tottenham Hotspur, number 1 ranked side from pot 3
FC Twente, number 2 ranked side from pot 4

Compare to Chelsea for example, who have the 7th ranked side from pot 2, 8th ranked side from pot 3 and the 7th ranked side in pot 4..... could not be easier really......

Then remember that Manure and Arsenal both took 3 attempts at the CL before they managed to get out of the group stages.....<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 am --<br /><br />
scenecreamer said:
Bale does play very well, but I think he would have been less an issue if Cambiaso had played

Cambiasso has been on the bench for most of their CL games this season.....

Stankovic was also missing for them last night and he starts ahead of Cambiasso.....

That said, we played with arguably our 4th and 5th choice CB's (King, Dawson, Woodgate all ahead of Gallas and Kaboul), 2nd choice keeper, 2nd choice RB (Corluka is injured) and without our top goalscorer......

So if you include the goalkeeper as a back 5, we had 1 of our first choice back 5 playing last night, VDV went off at half time and Defoe has not played since August.... I think many teams would struggle.....

If someone said to Mancini, you have to play the European Champions but you have no Toure, Kompany, Boateng, Hart, Tevez and Silva can only play half the game....

Maybe some of you might appreciate how strong our squad is to cope with those injuries..

According to UEFA's rankings we are in the hardest CL group.....

Inter..... number 1 seed, defending champions
Werder Bremen, number 1 ranked side from pot 2
Tottenham Hotspur, number 1 ranked side from pot 3
FC Twente, number 2 ranked side from pot 4

Compare to Chelsea for example, who have the 7th ranked side from pot 2, 8th ranked side from pot 3 and the 7th ranked side in pot 4..... could not be easier really......

Then remember that Manure and Arsenal both took 3 attempts at the CL before they managed to get out of the group stages.....

I don't know who said it, but it was early on in the thread, someone saying if Bale was English it would sovle England left side problems for 10 years.

Now, If Harry really did believe Bale is to be a LB, imagine the threat England would have with a left side of Bale at LB and Johnson and LM. They wouldn't need anyone else.

lennon>SWP said:
I don't know who said it, but it was early on in the thread, someone saying if Bale was English it would sovle England left side problems for 10 years.

Now, If Harry really did believe Bale is to be a LB, imagine the threat England would have with a left side of Bale at LB and Johnson and LM. They wouldn't need anyone else.

johnson>lennon

Shakhtar were better than Arsenal and deserved to win, plus should have had a penalty. Very impressed by them, a 180 on their awful performance in London.

LoveCity said:
Shakhtar were better than Arsenal and deserved to win, plus should have had a penalty. Very impressed by them, a 180 on their awful performance in London.
they did deserve it i suppose

lee-mcfc said:
BlueMooner87 said:
Spurs do not have the squad depth to deal with champions league and premier league, this weekend bolton will beat them and beat them quite convincingly.

ha no they wont bolton are piss poor watched them vs liverfool cant score for shit with that elmander playing

spurs will win
ahem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.