Champions League

WNRH said:
marcspurs said:
Sorry beating Chelsea is meaningless if you can't beat Wolves for example.....
So was tonights result meaningless if you can't beat Werder Bremen? or Wigan at home?

In my opinion..... yes.....

Wigan at home was a horrific performance....

But my point was, the poster said your win over Chelsea was more than anything we had done this season, so I merely pointed out, "doubling" Chelsea last season counted for nothing in the end (in terms of qualifying for the CL)....

marcspurs said:
conormcfc said:
Ridiculous. Our win over Chelsea is better than anything Spurs have done this season. We're also above Spurs having played the tougher games.

Correct me if I am wrong, you did the double over Chelsea last season?? And where did you finish??

The season has 38 games, they are all important, they are for the most part very tough.... but just because you are 2pts ahead of us after 10 games and you have played Arse, Chavs, us and Pool, does not make you a better side...... I don't want to sound rude, but have you not learnt anything from last season...??

We have just had 180 mins against the European champions, first 35 mins Inter 4-0 Spurs, the next 145 mins..... Inter 1-6 Spurs..... sorry but that pisses on anything you have done this season....

every game has his history mate.

at san siro you lost 4-0. game over.

then bale (not tottenham , bale ) scored 3 while inter was resting and training for the next serie A game.

if inter was a british side that night there have be a double figure.

WNRH said:
marcspurs said:
So was tonights result meaningless if you can't beat Werder Bremen? or Wigan at home?

Hardly the same is it? It doesn't mean much if we only can raise our standard when we face good teams, and fail to rise to the occasion against teams like wolves. That ain't rocket science.

And comparing pl to the cl is just dumb.

marcspurs said:
WNRH said:

In my opinion..... yes.....

Wigan at home was a horrific performance....

But my point was, the poster said your win over Chelsea was more than anything we had done this season, so I merely pointed out, "doubling" Chelsea last season counted for nothing in the end (in terms of qualifying for the CL)....

I don't think any result is meaningless, especially one over a top side. A win over a top side and a defeat against a lesser side is better than two draws in those games. Top teams are always going to drop points against the lesser sides, the key to being a top side is for it not to become a regular thing.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:31 am --<br /><br />
BlueSinclair said:
WNRH said:

Hardly the same is it? It doesn't mean much if we only can raise our standard when we face good teams, and fail to rise to the occasion against teams like wolves. That ain't rocket science.

And comparing pl to the cl is just dumb.

Not it's not dumb. Inter are on Chelsea's level, Wigan are on Wolves level. As i said above, no result is meaningless. Both sides have shown that we can compete against the best sides but are still too inconsistant against the lesser sides. This will come as both teams are still building.

Spurs do not have the squad depth to deal with champions league and premier league, this weekend bolton will beat them and beat them quite convincingly.

BlueMooner87 said:
Spurs do not have the squad depth to deal with champions league and premier league, this weekend bolton will beat them and beat them quite convincingly.

ha no they wont bolton are piss poor watched them vs liverfool cant score for shit with that elmander playing

spurs will win

BlueMooner87 said:

i dont know nothing on the future

but i know a lot about the past

spuds were shit against rags coz their heads were at inter.

Spurs are a million miles ahead of us. I have never seen us play with the intensity, quality and speed they played at tonight, and probably never will (unless we get arry).

They shit on us at WHL this season and how we got a draw I will never know.

Arry is Bent said:
Spurs are a million miles ahead of us. I have never seen us play with the intensity, quality and speed they played at tonight, and probably never will (unless we get gareth).

edited for accuracy...

Arry is Bent said:
Spurs are a million miles ahead of us. I have never seen us play with the intensity, quality and speed they played at tonight, and probably never will (unless we get arry).

care to explain the league table ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.