Championship Play Off Final | Luton Town beat Coventry on pens

I see Chiltern railways issued a statement at 10:45 last night saying they wouldn't be able to get all the Coventry fans back, even if they'd booked! Obviously the fans are livid.

I think its one of the downsides with play offs.
I don't like them at all.
A team in 3rd could have to play 3 more games and could possibly lose out to a team in 6th.
A team finishing 6th shouldn't be good enough to survive in the Premier league.

If they did the reverse re: relegation from the Premier league, you could have the teams in 15,16,17 and 18 playing off to stay up.
Imagine a team 15th in the Premier league being replaced by a team 6th in the championship.

In some countries they do something like:

19th and 20th in Prem go down
1st and 2nd in Championship go up

Then 18th in Prem go into play-offs along with 3rd, 4th and 5th in Championship. If the Prem team wins they keep their place. If they lose they go down and are replaced by the winning Championship team.

I think this is probably a better system for figuring out if the Championship teams can cut it in the Prem because they have to prove they can be better than the strongest team that placed in the Premier League relegation zone.

Probably a bit complicated though, and some would say it makes the Championship less exciting as there would be fewer play-off places available.

In some countries they do something like:

19th and 20th in Prem go down
1st and 2nd in Championship go up

Then 18th in Prem go into play-offs along with 3rd, 4th and 5th in Championship. If the Prem team wins they keep their place. If they lose they go down and are replaced by the winning Championship team.

I think this is probably a better system for figuring out if the Championship teams can cut it in the Prem because they have to prove they can be better than the strongest team that placed in the Premier League relegation zone.

Probably a bit complicated though, and some would say it makes the Championship less exciting as there would be fewer play-off places available.
That's how it was when the play offs started.
3rd bottom v 3rd, 4th and 5th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.