Champs League Draw

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
im sure Martin Samuel is a closet blue..He must read this forum. Top unbias journo with no axe to grind.

Under his system we could still have drawn Barca, Roma & Bayer Leverkusen.

His system may be fairer but the controversy would be that the teams from the major leagues that qualify through the play offs are usually stronger than many of the teams that would qualify in Pot C. Its probably fairer for Arsenal etc to be placed in Pot D, but wouldn't seem so for the clubs that drew them.

ballinio said:
cibaman said:
ballinio said:
thanks, seems its 20% luck , 80% fixed, so I`ll pull out of the CL cup scheme tonight I think.

How did they fix it?

Or to simplify the question, how did they fix it for Roma to be allocated to our group?
same way they put the best team in pot 4 Napoli then the best team in pot 4 B.Dortmund in our group. The whole things corrupt, the moves to stop us progressing started tonight.....the refs will do the rest.

How did they do that?

cibaman said:
ballinio said:
cibaman said:
How did they fix it?

Or to simplify the question, how did they fix it for Roma to be allocated to our group?
same way they put the best team in pot 4 Napoli then the best team in pot 4 B.Dortmund in our group. The whole things corrupt, the moves to stop us progressing started tonight.....the refs will do the rest.

How did they do that?

Agree with the question about how.... But for us to get the groups we've had is almost bordering on the probability of winning the lottery.

Definitely rigged, but the question of how does remain.

BigJoe#1 said:
cibaman said:
ballinio said:

How did they do that?

Agree with the question about how.... But for us to get the groups we've had is almost bordering on the probability of winning the lottery.

People keep saying its rigged, but how do you rig a draw that is so complex just to make sure that City play Roma? Its not as if they can throw a couple of "warm balls" in. They'd need to call on the services of David Blaine to organise it. Or the bloke who faked the moon landings. And what went wrong last year when we ended up with Plzen rather than Milan or Shalke? Presumably they had Tommy Cooper's ghost organising that.

cibaman said:
BigJoe#1 said:
cibaman said:
How did they do that?

People keep saying its rigged, but how do you rig a draw that is so complex just to make sure that City play Roma? Its not as if they can throw a couple of "warm balls" in. They'd need to call on the services of David Blaine to organise it. Or the bloke who faked the moon landings. And what went wrong last year when we ended up with Plzen rather than Milan or Shalke? Presumably they had Tommy Cooper's ghost organising that.

I think we can all agree its not rigged, i.e heated balls or anything like that. It's just all the stipulations that are involved which ends up leaving the draw to have very little variety.

FantasyIreland said:
im sure Martin Samuel is a closet blue..He must read this forum. Top unbias journo with no axe to grind.

He may well have a soft spot......however,i just see him as a man of integrity who can see right through the transparent,bent twats.

One of the few PROFESSIONAL journalists left amongst us. Doesn't imitate and his research is down to a t, in the main.

if all the champs are seeded. the likes of real madrid, barca, Dortmund, roma et al could still be in your group,so its no big deal,
theres only 3/4 teams now who I would be a little worried about, and to win it..your gonna have to beat em anyways.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
FantasyIreland said:

He may well have a soft spot......however,i just see him as a man of integrity who can see right through the transparent,bent twats.

One of the few PROFESSIONAL journalists left amongst us. Doesn't imitate and his research is down to a t, in the main.

Only one way we can do this boys and girls..........................Win the F***ing thing, and blow the corruption and safeguarding of the old school, to bits.

It is our destiny to do this. and YES....I would just love it !!!!!!!

cibaman said:

Under his system we could still have drawn Barca, Roma & Bayer Leverkusen.

His system may be fairer but the controversy would be that the teams from the major leagues that qualify through the play offs are usually stronger than many of the teams that would qualify in Pot C. Its probably fairer for Arsenal etc to be placed in Pot D, but wouldn't seem so for the clubs that drew them.

We could have drawn Barca, Roma & Leverkusen under his system, but if we would have (under his system) I'd be far happier than the current group we've got under this stupid system that's in place now.

Not only would it improve the group stages of the Champions League, it would give clubs such as Arsenal (happy to constantly get 4th) the impetus to try and improve their league standings rather than being happy with 4th every year as they know they'll get past the group stages and therefore make more monies.

If it was the system devised above, of course teams from pot 1 would be annoyed at drawing Arsenal, but it's far fairer and better for the competition than the same teams being drawn against each other year on year due to their bullshit system.

If it was up to me, we'd all be in the same pot and it's a no holds barred draw where anyone can get anyone, after all (as many people have said on here), you have to beat everyone to win it anyways. As it states in the above article, it seems any changes to the draw has to be okay'd by all the teams in the competition. Could you honestly see the "main clubs" I.E all the pot 1's, agreeing to his system? Uefa know they've got no fucking chance of changing it even if they wanted to as if they took it to them (they shouldn't really have to ask) they'd threaten to start a new comp where they'd have multi-million pound matches abroad.

It fucking stinks but nothings going to change as teams like Le Arse are happy to get 4th every year and throw a few more million into the pot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.