Champs League Draw

Its the timing ov the games that pisses me off bayern away first inbetween arsenal and chelsea then roma away last game probably a winner goes through in a hostile atmosphere with a proper bent ref! Still expect us to go through but think our premier league challenge to falter because of the timing of these fixtures.

Claytop said:
cibaman said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Agree with the question about how.... But for us to get the groups we've had is almost bordering on the probability of winning the lottery.

Definitely rigged, but the question of how does remain.

People keep saying its rigged, but how do you rig a draw that is so complex just to make sure that City play Roma? Its not as if they can throw a couple of "warm balls" in. They'd need to call on the services of David Blaine to organise it. Or the bloke who faked the moon landings. And what went wrong last year when we ended up with Plzen rather than Milan or Shalke? Presumably they had Tommy Cooper's ghost organising that.

I think we can all agree its not rigged, i.e heated balls or anything like that. It's just all the stipulations that are involved which ends up leaving the draw to have very little variety.

Absolutely agree with you about all the stipulations.

But we obviously don't all agree that its not rigged. Numerous posters on here clearly believe its rigged.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Its the timing ov the games that pisses me off bayern away first inbetween arsenal and chelsea then roma away last game probably a winner goes through in a hostile atmosphere with a proper bent ref! Still expect us to go through but think our premier league challenge to falter because of the timing of these fixtures.

the very reason pellers is trying to have 2 quality players for each position

uwe rosler 28 said:

Honestly, I'd infinitely prefer that we won the league and I'd have no problem personally if we gave UEFA a two finger salute and put the B team out fir the Bayern game.

I am not sure our owner feels the same though.

You can't play 6 European games in midweek and not expect some awkward Premierhip fixture clashes.

We've got the squad. Chelsea have not so perhaps it's in our favour

I don't see why everyone is that worried about Roma. They've sold their star player to Bayern. Totti will be 38 when we play. De Rossi is getting on too

It's just bad luck nothing more! It was ridiculous that the teams we would have preferred to play; the two portuguese then drew Zenit and Shakhtar! There wasn't much choice left then after the tv issue and country rule. It isn't as bad as the draws we had in our first two seasons. I think Roma are overrated - good players but lots at the end of their careers. I think Napoli were better when we drew them. Bayern... well that will be tough but I think we can learn from Real Madrid last season. Sit back and let them pass it around their defence then Fernando and Fernandinho have to be right on their toes to intercept the ball coming into the midfield and set us up on the counter. That's the way we can beat them.

I'm happy with our fixtures - it shapes how we play. Away in Munich first up is the toughest game and therefore it will be crucial not to lose. Then at home to Roma who are likely to challenge us for 2nd place - if we are being realistic (I think Bayern are still a step ahead). Then we have to win the two against Moscow again and we could be qualified after 4 games and then that 5th game may decide who wins the group. I think most teams this time out will just sit and let Bayern play. They are a class side and Real Madrid were not that much better than them but their tactics paid off and I think most will play that way now - it is classic counter attacking and effective possession that beats Guardiola sides!

@StuBrennanMEN 2m

Of course the other side is that if City reach quarters or better, they could get in pot one next year.

i think 1-2 years of decent campaigns and will be in pot 1

sgerlat said:
aguero93:20 said:
sgerlat said:
I'd like to see how Zabaleta and Kolarov will manage to stop Gervinho and Iturbe.

P.s. Watch out for the Turkish guy (Ucan)
Zaba has shown before he's more than a match for Gervinho mate. Looking forward to seeing Iturbe play, saw him for Porto a few years back and he looked decent.

Gervinho is a whole different player compared to the one he was in London, his only problem is shot accuracy, but he's a winger so I'd rather have him assisting the others, besides that he's fantastic and if you can't draw the best out of him, considering he's physical structure, you're a shitty manager. He just needs good spacing of the pitch and he'll be deadly, Wenger never really gave him the confidence he needed, Garcia did. Also, of course, PL is tougher. I can tell you for sure he's not the player you remember anymore.

Iturbe with Porto played something like 5 games and he was 18-19 yo, are you sure you've seen him? He has matured a lot since then.
They're still kicking themselves for putting the €15m option to buy in Verona's favour, they didn't think he was that good or that they could exercise it. He's crazy fast and aggressive, I'm definitely excited he joined us, great potential too, he could be a nightmare for any defender.

In midfield should be great battle too, I just wish Strootman can play at least half of the games. Realistically speaking he should miss 4 out of 6.

My only concern is Ashley Cole.

Why are you concerned about Cashley?

Do you think you or Napoli can put up more of a challenge to The Old Lady?

Do you want to play boring games in the Champions League? The Etihad would be half empty if we had Chelsea's fixtures

Once you see it in black and white next to each other you realise it can't be down to bad luck:

City Rags

Bayern Benfica
Napoli Otelu
Vilareal Basel

Real Madrid Galatasaray
Dortmund Braga
Ajax Cluj

Bayern Leverkusen
Moscow Donesk
Plzen Sociedad

Bayern haha
Roma haha
Moskow haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.