Champs League Draw

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Which pot are Dortmond in?

If we get Barca or Real Madrid could we be shafted big time by uefa & draw them as well?

our pot, we can't have em

shemnel said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Which pot are Dortmond in?

If we get Barca or Real Madrid could we be shafted big time by uefa & draw them as well?

our pot, we can't have em
Good news. I was dreading that tbh.
I'd be happy with the "draw" that Daz Blue has suggested. I"m sure we'd get through that

wagonman said:
If we ARE in a "Group Of Death" this year I don't think it will be City who dies...

It will be us doing the killing...

JJ

That's why UEFA won't put us in a group like that ...

Forget the CL for a moment. We need an "easy" group because for the last three years we have been disadvantaged in the PL
having to play fixtures against the likes of Bayern & Real Madrid before Christmas. A nice "easy" group will allow squad
rotation in the CL and us being able to focus on the PL. Please let's get Benfica or Porto from pot 1.

shemnel said:
M18CTID said:
Some right mard arses on this thread. If we get a hard group, then so fucking what - bring it on I say*

*Although I won't be complaining if we get an easy group of course

this is precisely what i wanted to say, but said in a clumsy fashion. I dont mean i want the hardest group out of some sort of macho aggressive stance but that we shouldn't be shirking around 'hoping' for the easier draws and waiting to the later rounds blah blah blah. We are City and should stand proud at how good we are, clubs should be afraid of coming to us and if we are beating anybody and everybody at our gaff, the psychological battles are being won.

I more meant we should stop worrying about the uncontrollable elements (leave that to UEFA to control ;) ) and get on beating whoever is put in front of us.

Every and I mean EVERY club hope for an easy group even clubs that have won the thing. It's not due to fear it's cos you want to have the best possible chance of progressing without burning your best players out in the process. And when your fighting on multiple fronts with congested fixtures you'd rather play dog and duck FC than Real Madrid.

Really hope we draw Benfica from pot one, would give us a great chance of getting top spot in the group.

That's a massive advantage - there are normally some fairly easy games for group winners in the last 16.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.