Champs League Draw

jknight said:
Porto
City
CSKA Moscow
Ludogrets

Still can't understand how Arsenal who scraped through the qualifiers are in Pot 1 - I know that's how it works because it's their 17th consecutive season but still strange how a team who continually has to go through the qualifiers is in pot 1.

Shows you the strength of the PL in the Champs Lge, and that The Arse always get out of the Group Stage.....because they are always in Pot 1!!!

ChicagoBlue said:
jknight said:
Porto
City
CSKA Moscow
Ludogrets

Still can't understand how Arsenal who scraped through the qualifiers are in Pot 1 - I know that's how it works because it's their 17th consecutive season but still strange how a team who continually has to go through the qualifiers is in pot 1.

Shows you the strength of the PL in the Champs Lge, and that The Arse always get out of the Group Stage.....because they are always in Pot 1!!!
Last year they had tough group tho. Just scraped through.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
twatini will have his balls in the microwave now , real madrid , bayer leverkusen and roma , the hardest group possible , barca in the next round , bayern in the quarters , madrid in the semis , and a final against chelsea in berlin , unlike are little raggy friends , we will win it in style , bring it on.

I don't actually believe this stuff.

But there do seem to be so many factors affecting the draw, so many permutations that cant happen, I often wonder how they actually manage to complete it. I keep expecting them to get to the final ball and say "err, that cant happen, we'll have to start again"

One things for sure, no one in Pot 1 or Pot 3 will be thinking a trip to The Etihad will be a walk in the park. As much as we might not want Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona they'll be hoping to avoid us. Of the English teams I think Arsenal would be considered the softest option and probably Chelsea, because of their experience, the hardest. Personally I fancy a trip to Benfica and Bilbao, if we get CSKA again I'd advise anyone to make the effort and go for a few days it's well worth it, just don't ask for milk at the stadium.
When will we find out where and when our first game is because that's always the most difficult to organise?

We will get an easier time of it this year for me and what better group than:

Benfica
City
Olympiakos
Maribor

That's what we will get, if not it will be something similar, just need to bother to find out where Maribor is then I'm sorted

M18CTID said:
Some right mard arses on this thread. If we get a hard group, then so fucking what - bring it on I say*

*Although I won't be complaining if we get an easy group of course

this is precisely what i wanted to say, but said in a clumsy fashion. I dont mean i want the hardest group out of some sort of macho aggressive stance but that we shouldn't be shirking around 'hoping' for the easier draws and waiting to the later rounds blah blah blah. We are City and should stand proud at how good we are, clubs should be afraid of coming to us and if we are beating anybody and everybody at our gaff, the psychological battles are being won.

I more meant we should stop worrying about the uncontrollable elements (leave that to UEFA to control ;) ) and get on beating whoever is put in front of us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.