Champs League Draw

Impeccable One said:
Tanzeylee said:
shemnel said:
i think it's time a lot of us grew a pair and said 'bring it on'

give us the hardest group, i seriously think we should top any group that the draw can throw at us. 7 points at home and 6 away, good stuff.

Always thought this, when we was shit and dreamed of City in the CL I wanted us to play barca, real and all the "big boys", I never once thought "you know it would be cool to play that shit team from Bulgaria"...

Barca, Madrid, and all can wait until AFTER the group stages !

This^. If it means we are virtually qualified after 3 games, and can rest players for the other 3, then that has got to be better than having to go balls out for all 6, which is possible if we get a real stinker of a draw, and may impact on our performance domestically. In addition, we need to improve our co-efficient, so the more points we get in the group the better. The sooner we are a Pot 1 team, the better it will be for us. Preferably at the expense of the scum.

They've had the tough draws, it's time for an easy one. Less pressure could be the difference in staying strong in the league or maybe dropping some unnecessary points.

It is funny how people think this macho attitude is somehow advantageous. Ever heard of fighting smart rather than hard? We want to be in the competition at the end, we'll face the tough teams eventually. What on earth is the point of facing them twice and jeopardizing our chances in other competitions? No-one ever remembers how a team got to the final, just that they won it. Stop puffing your chests out.

adrianr said:
It is funny how people think this macho attitude is somehow advantageous. Ever heard of fighting smart rather than hard? We want to be in the competition at the end, we'll face the tough teams eventually. What on earth is the point of facing them twice and jeopardizing our chances in other competitions? No-one ever remembers how a team got to the final, just that they won it. Stop puffing your chests out.
Exactly and if we get a though draw we will have to do our best in every game and that will negatively affect our premier league campaign

Porto
City
CSKA Moscow
Ludogrets

Still can't understand how Arsenal who scraped through the qualifiers are in Pot 1 - I know that's how it works because it's their 17th consecutive season but still strange how a team who continually has to go through the qualifiers is in pot 1.

jknight said:
Porto
City
CSKA Moscow
Ludogrets

Still can't understand how Arsenal who scraped through the qualifiers are in Pot 1 - I know that's how it works because it's their 17th consecutive season but still strange how a team who continually has to go through the qualifiers is in pot 1.

It is a strange system, but a system that might give us the opportunity at having Porto or Benfica as the Pot 1 representatives in our group so I'm fine with it for now :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.