Champs League Draw

Blueknows said:
ColinLee said:
Astley Lad said:
Wasn't that because Shalke and Dortmund were still to be drawn and couldn't go in the same group as Bayern
Don't let the facts ruin someones paranoia.

Nope 3 groups they could of gone into at the time , it didnt make sense and still doesnt

No, we couldn't go in Arsenal's half of the draw because of the TV pairings so only E and H were left and Chelsea were in H.

Same old shit.

We will finish behind Bayern and be 'unfortunate' to draw Real/Barca in the next round

RandomJ said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Yawn the usual Bluemoon "grow some" and "man up" artists. Question the seedings and coefficients and you must wear tin foil on your head.

Tiresome isn't it? People are rightly questioning how this "random" draw seems to always end up with us in the toughest group only to be answered by the faux hard men. See how hard they act if we come back from Moscow with several key players injured and a tough Prem game a few days after it.

And you could find literally scores of examples of just horrendous things that go on regarding this competition. Just start with how Besiktas got done yesterday and pick up with Legia Warsaw and then continue to the 2013-14 portfolio.

Is the draw fixed? Would surprise me if it was. But is there rotten shit going on at almost all times? Obviously yes. No one should ever denigrate people who question the pure and holy integrity of our UEFA overlords.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Same old shit.

We will finish behind Bayern and be 'unfortunate' to draw Real/Barca in the next round

That's the spirit.

If Pep plays a back 3 of Benatia, Dante and Alaba with as high a line as they did against the Wolves I'd fancy us.

I don't like that group . For me platini as stitched us up again . Why have Liverpool got an easier group than us . They haven't even qualifyed for 4 years . Let's do the business and piss on platini chips !!!

yeah whatever !! said:
Blue Haze said:
de niro said:
regardless of what country or history in the comp no team finishing second third or fourth should be seeded higher than the champions.

its a con.

Nail on head
Havent we always done it the hard way...This is the very reason we have top quality 2's for every position.

True.

It's just depressing that, if we move on from the round of 16, we could quite easily have faced more difficult fixtures than Chelsea would if they win the thing.

Rags were exactly the same way. The last few season before they were out of Europe, they advanced solely on the weakness of their opposition.

Wouldn't join the agenda group and say the draw is fixed but the seeding/tv pairing rules certainly limit the teams you can play. Alright because of Chelsea and Arsenal in Pot 1 there was a good chance we'd get a tough draw, the same country rule is fine by me, you don't want to play a team from the same country in the league and then a European Mini-League.

However the TV pairing's rule is the shit bit. We had a 25% chance of getting Roma before Pot 4 was even up because Juventus were in the other half, its a shit rule.

We all know how bent the seedings rule is for teams trying to bridge the gap, but I wouldn't complain too much on that, as we'll break that elite pot eventually (before UEFA make up another rule).

Just enjoy the teams we've drawn, I can't wait.

The whole process is a joke, it's so boring and predictable.

You just have this vain hope that one year it might get to the point where we don't get stitched up, alas it hasn't happened yet.

Txiki's face was funny though, a proper look of "why did I bother turning up.."

de niro said:
lancs blue said:
Blueknows said:
Nope 3 groups they could of gone into at the time , it didnt make sense and still doesnt

No, we couldn't go in Arsenal's half of the draw because of the TV pairings so only E and H were left and Chelsea were in H.

and there lies the problem.

Yes, until we get into Pot 1 when we have a chance of coming out of the draw before our "paired" team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.