Change VAR or.................

With regards to corruption. Genuine question. Could anyone point me in the direction of a VAR decision that’s gone against us that you believe to be corrupt?
LFC handball gomez
It was a penalty and everyone accepted it probably should have been. LFC then score. Pulling that back would have started riots at Anfield. They fucked it up and let the goal stand imo. Technically corruption at best. At worst - one of the var refs has an affinity with LFC and argues it isn't a penalty... We have to believe all refs are impartial but we've intruduced so many people in making the on field decision that I think impartiality is less likely, but that's another topic. That whole LFC game with VAR was at least dodgy.

I think fans of all clubs should coordinate a chant of disapproval at something like the 22nd minute (V being the 22nd letter of the alphabet) of every game on a given weekend. After the Everton game all I heard coming away from the ground was condemnation of VAR. I spoke to my mate yesterday who’s a season ticket holder but wasn’t going to the Port Vale game, he said he couldn’t be arsed with watching the FA Cup on TV because VAR has killed it for him. It really will shaft the game, the Premier League need to act fast if they want to keep the status as the best league in the World, I’m very surprised they are allowing PGMOL to fuck their product over, it doesn’t even need to be left in place this season, every week that goes by is destroying our league.
A chant is no good. The only thing all clubs understand is, unfortunately, cash. Fans need to seriously coordinate and agree not to go. The two weeks of the ‘winter break’ would be ideal and every team would have a home game affected.

A chant is no good. The only thing all clubs understand is, unfortunately, cash. Fans need to seriously coordinate and agree not to go. The two weeks of the ‘winter break’ would be ideal and every team would have a home game affected.
Season ticket holders have already paid so they would lose a game for the cause and only half the teams would be at home but a partial boycott of say walking in the ground after 15 minutes or so would show fans displeasure. Or, every other club could join our fans and leave early and indicate it’s a protest against VAR.

Season ticket holders have already paid so they would lose a game for the cause and only half the teams would be at home but a partial boycott of say walking in the ground after 15 minutes or so would show fans displeasure. Or, every other club could join our fans and leave early and indicate it’s a protest against VAR.
Maybe going into the game after 15 minutes would work? We need to do something as they’re just taking us for mugs.

LFC handball gomez
It was a penalty and everyone accepted it probably should have been. LFC then score. Pulling that back would have started riots at Anfield. They fucked it up and let the goal stand imo. Technically corruption at best. At worst - one of the var refs has an affinity with LFC and argues it isn't a penalty... We have to believe all refs are impartial but we've intruduced so many people in making the on field decision that I think impartiality is less likely, but that's another topic. That whole LFC game with VAR was at least dodgy.
Worth bearing in mind that this was an on field decision. Disappointing that it wasn’t overturned, but we were not adversely impacted by VAR because the on field decision stood.

Worth bearing in mind that this was an on field decision. Disappointing that it wasn’t overturned, but we were not adversely impacted by VAR because the on field decision stood.
Quite important to remember that. There’s a danger, as fans, that we don’t want it when it goes against us and do want it when it goes for us.
For me, if we’re going to have it, it really should be for ‘clear and obvious’ all over the pitch. VAR just watches in real time and helps the referees.
Ball takes a deflection off a defender but ref gives a goal kick. VAR just tells him it’s a corner. VAR could make sure throw in goes the right way. As for offside, just give it if it’s offside to the naked eye (I don’t mind him freezing the picture once for that), and don’t give it if it’s not.
Put accidental handball back as it should be and the game is back to what we know.

The Laporte handball decision? Corrupt? Or a bad rule change correctly implemented?
I think the problem with that one is its happened in other games and the call has been inconsistent - as terrible as some of the offside ones have been with players arms and toes being offside, at least they have been for the most part consistent

Those of you saying you’re not renewing your season tickets and won’t go again are taking the wrong path IMO. Somebody at some club has got to organise a rally of ALL clubs supporters throughout the Premier League to convince the bastards who came up with this disastrous cock up that is VAR, that it will not be allowed to remain as a way of skewing the table to the satisfaction of the Premier League bosses!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.