Change VAR or.................

LFC handball gomez
It was a penalty and everyone accepted it probably should have been. LFC then score. Pulling that back would have started riots at Anfield. They fucked it up and let the goal stand imo. Technically corruption at best. At worst - one of the var refs has an affinity with LFC and argues it isn't a penalty... We have to believe all refs are impartial but we've intruduced so many people in making the on field decision that I think impartiality is less likely, but that's another topic. That whole LFC game with VAR was at least dodgy.
Without VAR, if I’m not mistaken, at least for the first half.

It wasn’t correctly implemented because the law states that if the ball hits an attacker’s arm (intentional or not), if he then controls it and then sets up a goal scoring chance for a teammate or has a shot himself, it will be ruled as hand ball.

It’s also handball if it hits an attackers arm and goes straight into the net (intentional or not).

Laporte did not control the ball and set up a chance or shoot himself after it hit his arm.

It hit his arm and deflected to Jesus.
There’s also the caveat of a “clear and obvious error” which, as far as I’m aware, it wasn’t.

I think I'm in a minority but I don't really have an issue with VAR and offside. I celebrate goals now in different ways depending on how the goal is scored. If it is one where I think there is an offside then I am a bit reserved in my celebration. If there is one where it looks legit then I'm celebrating as normal.

I've got used to the delays after the goals and realise that it's just taking a bit of time. I'm happy to accept the tiny margins as they seem to work both ways. I appreciate that there could be errors with when the line is drawn.
Same here, dude. I believe the laws should be applied correctly and if they are, teams and fans can enjoy the game knowing the game has been won or lost fairly. It’s such a shame the PL and their lackeys at PGMOL and in the media have contrived to ruin what could be something quite special.

I can’t celebrate goals anymore the Everton game was a joke we just sat there getting more irate at the long pauses of VAR. I’m just not enjoying the match day experience anymore very sterile and a lot of life long blues around me are about to pack it in this season VAR has killed the game .
I’m having a long hard think myself about packing my season ticket in and spending the money saved on something else. The fun has just been drained out of it all.

My contention is that VAR is a great tool for corruption The VAR can decide when the ball was kicked for offside and I give you the Laporte handball v Spurs, the VAR Scott was able to microscopically find something to disallow a perfectly good goal with out VAR there’s wasn’t an option
Yep. From what I recall, their was a caveat called “clear and obvious error”. If it takes longer than, say 30 seconds, to decide then it’s not clear and obvious. PS. I watch most of City’s game at home and I can tell pretty quickly if there’s been an error. Why they can’t leaves me to believe there’s an agenda.

The governing body are going to be warning pigmol/prem for not using the correct rules with var AGAIN in feb,it can't be allowed to change for the run in,that wouldn't be fair,i think pigmol/prem have got their desired result at the top already

The trouble is for every one of you that stops going there is another 100 or whatever waiting to take your place so there won't be empty seats so no message will be sent

I don't know what the answer is
From what I gather, the current version of VAR is “illegal”. This will not be the case next season now that they’ve stolen the Premier League from City. You will hopefully be able to experience a version that was, in the main, successful at the World Cup in Russia.

If VAR is stopped I’d give it one week before there’s a thread on here bemoaning the fact that an offside goal/penalty/red card decision has gone against us which would have been overturned by VAR. The OMG it’s (insert name of a useless fucker who regularly fucks is over) this week threads will be back ;).
Exactly. It bores me, this fixation on controversy that has plagued the Premier League for the last few years. VAR, if used correctly, can eradicate the majority of this drivel.

It beggars belief that UEFA have told the Prmeker League they’re using it incorrectly and they’re continuing to use it incorrectly anyway

Fuck VAR - or to be more precise, fuck VAR being wilfully used the wrong way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.