Change VAR or.................

If it doesn’t improve, what will you do? I found myself yesterday thinking “what am I doing here. I could be doing something else” it is seriously affecting my enjoyment of the game that I have watched live for over 40 years.

VAR isn't going to stop me going to games. Being in the third tier of English football didn't so VAR certainly won't.

I think it will improve but I doubt I'll ever be happy with it. However, I do think football supporters need to get together and campaign against it. I signed an online petition last week and I hope that is just the start of a movement against it.

Unfortunately, I have long held the view that the people that get to run football are either useless and or corrupt (not that I buy into the anti-City conspiracy theories).

The Laporte handball decision? Corrupt? Or a bad rule change correctly implemented?
It wasn’t correctly implemented because the law states that if the ball hits an attacker’s arm (intentional or not), if he then controls it and then sets up a goal scoring chance for a teammate or has a shot himself, it will be ruled as hand ball.

It’s also handball if it hits an attackers arm and goes straight into the net (intentional or not).

Laporte did not control the ball and set up a chance or shoot himself after it hit his arm.

It hit his arm and deflected to Jesus.

Those of you saying you’re not renewing your season tickets and won’t go again are taking the wrong path IMO. Somebody at some club has got to organise a rally of ALL clubs supporters throughout the Premier League to convince the bastards who came up with this disastrous cock up that is VAR, that it will not be allowed to remain as a way of skewing the table to the satisfaction of the Premier League bosses!
Our boardroom will be rubbing their hands at the thought of a load of us giving up our seasoncards. We have 15,000 more seasoncard holders than Liverpool in a similar sized stadium. City would love to have the chance to reduce our number so they can sell on the tickets at a larger profit.

VAR has made the premier league the laughing stock of the football world - it is just not fit for purpose- the game is being truly ruined for the fans - the fee paying fans and until this is resolved to eradicate the 'millimetre obsession' which is not in the spirit of the game it will become poorer and poorer as a product to sell around the world.

The elation football fans experience after a goal is scored is a really special 'instant' moment - people remember them - they don't and wont recall waiting for three to ten minutes to be allowed to celebrate -
a great way to spoil the live atmosphere
Bin it!

Sorry if it’s been said already but replays of VAR can’t be shown on ‘big screens’ as two arguably ‘ big’ teams don’t have them! (although for rugby league final at OT, they had one.
Easily solved that one.

All PL sides must have big screens installed as a condition of membership. That would concentrate minds!

It wasn’t correctly implemented because the law states that if the ball hits an attacker’s arm (intentional or not), if he then controls it and then sets up a goal scoring chance for a teammate or has a shot himself, it will be ruled as hand ball.

It’s also handball if it hits an attackers arm and goes straight into the net (intentional or not).

Laporte did not control the ball and set up a chance or shoot himself after it hit his arm.

It hit his arm and deflected to Jesus.
Compare that decision with the VVD handball v Wolves - no difference - except the decision!! Corrupt or Inept?

Our boardroom will be rubbing their hands at the thought of a load of us giving up our seasoncards. We have 15,000 more seasoncard holders than Liverpool in a similar sized stadium. City would love to have the chance to reduce our number so they can sell on the tickets at a larger profit.

But only if we remain successful, they are buggered if we don’t ( g#+ forbid)

Why do the club sell season cards every season then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.