changes to the CL seedings, AC want wildcards

Re: AC Milan want Champions League wildcards.

squirtyflower said:
Sheriff Fatman said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
AC Milan in small-time shocker.
Bottled it!
Incensed by this article. I hate the whole Champions League set up but this would be the final straw for me. Finish half way down the table and take the prize available to and earned by the top three? Sounds about right for the cartel.
Effectively it would mean the 'big' clubs across Europe wouldn't need to compete in their respective leagues as they would have an automatic right to the CL, they would also conserve their players for the CL whereas lesser clubs would have to actually fight on both fronts
It's basically a step to a European league, but who would want to watch a shit AC Milan when you could watch a good Roma?

My sentiments exactly - although somewhat hypocritically I would rather have faced a shit AC Milan.

Sheriff Fatman said:
squirtyflower said:
Sheriff Fatman said:
Bottled it!
Incensed by this article. I hate the whole Champions League set up but this would be the final straw for me. Finish half way down the table and take the prize available to and earned by the top three? Sounds about right for the cartel.
Effectively it would mean the 'big' clubs across Europe wouldn't need to compete in their respective leagues as they would have an automatic right to the CL, they would also conserve their players for the CL whereas lesser clubs would have to actually fight on both fronts
It's basically a step to a European league, but who would want to watch a shit AC Milan when you could watch a good Roma?

My sentiments exactly - although somewhat hypocritically I would rather have faced a shit AC Milan.
On a personal level I know what you mean, but as regards a footballing reason would tv viewers rather watch two good teams play one another or two shit teams with a 'name' play one another

But why stop there, shouldn't the only countries allowed at the World Cup should be those with a long history and tradition?

Re: City & FFP (continued)

ColinLee said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
AC Milan want to table a motion at the UEFA meeting on Monday that would see the introduction of wildcards for 'important teams with a rich history of winning trophies and with a large enough fanbase to support Champions League football', for those who don't qualify by proper means

Slowly but surely...

In other news...Sunderland (who were against the implementation of FFP in the Premier League?) have had a request granted by the Premier League to see how these rules may have impacted down on wages, having been heralded as one of the key reasons for its introduction...

A clever move by owner Ellis Short.

All the clubs have submitted the returns and we will know the findings next month.
Is that serious about AC Milan? FFS you really couldn't make it up, could you.
As for the PL wages, what timeframe are they talking about? Would the rags be able to quietly forget about all their summer acquisitions?

Deadly serious. Milan were right at the front of FFP when Platini said Berlusconi didn't want to keep putting his hand in his pocket.

AC Milan director Umberto Gandini yesterday: "We have to look at ways of improving the Champions League. I'd like to see opportunities of wildcards for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete.

"Every season you have a fantastic run by underdogs. This is good for football. But on the other hand there are more important clubs that miss out."

If ever a quote summed up the entire situation.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
ColinLee said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
AC Milan want to table a motion at the UEFA meeting on Monday that would see the introduction of wildcards for 'important teams with a rich history of winning trophies and with a large enough fanbase to support Champions League football', for those who don't qualify by proper means

Slowly but surely...

In other news...Sunderland (who were against the implementation of FFP in the Premier League?) have had a request granted by the Premier League to see how these rules may have impacted down on wages, having been heralded as one of the key reasons for its introduction...

A clever move by owner Ellis Short.

All the clubs have submitted the returns and we will know the findings next month.
Is that serious about AC Milan? FFS you really couldn't make it up, could you.
As for the PL wages, what timeframe are they talking about? Would the rags be able to quietly forget about all their summer acquisitions?

Deadly serious. Milan were right at the front of FFP when Platini said Berlusconi didn't want to keep putting his hand in his pocket.

AC Milan director Umberto Gandini yesterday: "We have to look at ways of improving the Champions League. I'd like to see opportunities of wildcards for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete.

"Every season you have a fantastic run by underdogs. This is good for football. But on the other hand there are more important clubs that miss out."

Italian midgets lol

Who needs to worry about sporting integrity in the misnomic Champions League.

Yeh, of course you can join in, fuck the other clubs that have worked and gained the results ,to have the right to be part of the Champions League, instead you just sit on your fat Italian arses and let us worry about how we can accommodate your club into the set up, feel free to invite some friends as well.

What a self-entitled bunch of cunts these establishment clubs really are. I sincerely hope we don't end up shape shifting into that MO at any point.

Look at Liverpool. Strip away a pretty extraordinary 15 year period from the middle of the seventies to the end of the eighties and you've got a moderately successful club. The way they go on about their history you'd think they'd been a permanent fixture at the top of European club football.

A bit pathetic of them to even suggest this. Napoli came well above them and did not even make the CL proper. Glad FIFA are not even giving it any thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.