changes to the CL seedings, AC want wildcards

Re: ESPN FC on Twitter: "BREAKING: UEFA confirm #ChampionsLe

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
And whats the size of television deal has to do with our chances in CL?

None as such but it is financially better to progress to the later stages next season rather than this.
The priority therefore should be to win the PL this season to ensure pot 1 seeding.
I'd still try to get out of the group stages this year but if we fall into the EL I'd play the kids if we are
still in contention for the PL title.
But if we get into the new Pot 1 we could still draw Dortmund from Pot 2, Madrid from Pot 3 and Fiorentina from Pot 4.

There's absolutely no difference. Just that slightly different top sides may be in Pot 1 and some of the old "elite" will be lower down.

This is an elite competition for elite teams and no matter how you seed it, there are ALWAYS going to be "groups of death". If people are scared to play in these groups or all they're going to do is fucking bore everyone to death with their moaning and paranoia about agendas, then they should stay away from this competition.

Re: City & FFP (continued)

ManCityX said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29572414

AC Milan director Umberto Gandini believes Champions League wildcards should be introduced to ensure some of Europe's biggest clubs do not miss out.

Currently, the Premier League top three qualify automatically, with the side in fourth entering the play-off round.

In Italy, the top two go straight into the Champions League, with third going into the play-offs.

"I think we have to look at ways of improving the Champions League," Gandini told BBC World Service.

"I would like to see opportunities for wildcards or different routes for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete in the Champions league."

Continues...

If you actually got your shit together over at Milan you'd qualify. If you finish in a qualifying position you qualify. There should be no other route of entry. It smacks of complete arrogance and a feeling that his club belong in the Champions League.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
keith's curle said:
paulchapo said:
Wildcards?? So the dippers,the rags or Arsenal miss out and hey presto they get a fucking wildcard back in??? Fuck that!

This is going to need its own thread or it will take over this one (which its only slightly related to).
Totally agree. Been expecting something like this for awhile now. I'm sure the rags think its a great idea. don't be surprised if there are 4 wildcards a year ensuring the cartel never miss out. Could'nt teams that just miss out in europes leagues take this to court? I think football is heading for some big fallout in the coming years as the old dinosaur clubs seem to think they have a devine right to the money.
And for every club that gets a wildcard, there's another that has to be omitted to make the figures match the competition. We will remember Everton a few seasons ago qualifying in 4th place, but their place in the C/L was almost snatched away from them as their neighbours had actually won the competition. Eventually UEFA relented and allowed both clubs to compete though iirc Everton didn't get past the qualifier. Now Liverpool scrapped in as holders, but suppose another 'major' club finished, let's say seventh, and was admitted through nothing but favouritism, what would that say about this competition? I would think the courts would be chock full of plaintiffs demanding compensation following exclusion by UEFA, and any right thinker would surely support this.

Re: Champions League

I thought it had been agreed by a committee and had to go before the clubs for ratification.

It's not about the champions of England being in pot 1 though. It's about the champions of France being in pot 1, otherwise it would take a long time for PSG to be seeded so highly. Twatini doing the best for his pet club, it's as bad as Gill and the rags.

Re: ESPN FC on Twitter: "BREAKING: UEFA confirm #ChampionsLe

wank competition of which I have zero fucking interest.
seeds this..
pots that...
ffp this...
shite officiating this....

All a load of bollocks.

If.they.put all the balls in a bag,allowed teams to play each other from their respective countries
then id be interested.Otherwise thanks but no thanks.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
keith's curle said:
paulchapo said:
Wildcards?? So the dippers,the rags or Arsenal miss out and hey presto they get a fucking wildcard back in??? Fuck that!

This is going to need its own thread or it will take over this one (which its only slightly related to).
Totally agree. Been expecting something like this for awhile now. I'm sure the rags think its a great idea. don't be surprised if there are 4 wildcards a year ensuring the cartel never miss out. Could'nt teams that just miss out in europes leagues take this to court? I think football is heading for some big fallout in the coming years as the old dinosaur clubs seem to think they have a devine right to the money.

Hard to disagree.
Wildcards are not that far away for this competition. However the scintilla of respectability it still holds goes out of the window at the very same time.
Even the corrupt people who run this thing must realise that?

AC Milan want Champions League wildcards.

Is there nothing these dinosaurs won't do to protect their cartel? can guarantee the scum agree with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29572414
AC Milan director Umberto Gandini believes Champions League wildcards should be introduced to ensure some of Europe's biggest clubs do not miss out.

Currently, the Premier League top three qualify automatically, with the side in fourth entering the play-off round.

In Italy, the top two go straight into the Champions League, with third going into the play-offs.

"I think we have to look at ways of improving the Champions League," Gandini told BBC World Service.

"I would like to see opportunities for wildcards or different routes for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete in the Champions League."

However Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said this week that wildcards would never happen.

Re: AC Milan want Champions League wildcards.

Pathetic. Think they deserve to be in just because of a thier name. Glad UEFA have already said this will never happen.

Re: AC Milan want Champions League wildcards.

olsofunny.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.