changes to the CL seedings, AC want wildcards

Re: AC Milan want Champions League wildcards.

de niro said:
give it a couple of season where the rags dont qualify.
It'll be altered to include 5 English teams before long

Laughing at this idea now but as others have said... give it a few years of non-qualifying from big hollywood clubs such as the Rags, and it will be introduced. :-/

everythingchangesbutblue said:
Is there nothing these dinosaurs won't do to protect their cartel? can guarantee the scum agree with this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29572414
AC Milan director Umberto Gandini believes Champions League wildcards should be introduced to ensure some of Europe's biggest clubs do not miss out.

Currently, the Premier League top three qualify automatically, with the side in fourth entering the play-off round.

In Italy, the top two go straight into the Champions League, with third going into the play-offs.

"I think we have to look at ways of improving the Champions League," Gandini told BBC World Service.

"I would like to see opportunities for wildcards or different routes for clubs who have the ability, the prestige or the size to compete in the Champions League."

However Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino said this week that wildcards would never happen.

Ability to compete in the Champs League, is he joking? They finished half way down Serie A and still have Abiati in net!

He clearly live is cloud cuckoo land!

At first i laughed when reading the article, then it started to really piss me off. How can people/clubs be so self-entitled? I think the only really surprising part is UEFA already saying this won't happen. Half expected them to concoct some pathetic excuse for this to happen.

Lolz are they trying to turn it into some kind of reality show,wild card ffs,pathetic...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
AC Milan in small-time shocker.
Bottled it!
Incensed by this article. I hate the whole Champions League set up but this would be the final straw for me. Finish half way down the table and take the prize available to and earned by the top three? Sounds about right for the cartel.

Sheriff Fatman said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
AC Milan in small-time shocker.
Bottled it!
Incensed by this article. I hate the whole Champions League set up but this would be the final straw for me. Finish half way down the table and take the prize available to and earned by the top three? Sounds about right for the cartel.
Effectively it would mean the 'big' clubs across Europe wouldn't need to compete in their respective leagues as they would have an automatic right to the CL, they would also conserve their players for the CL whereas lesser clubs would have to actually fight on both fronts
It's basically a step to a European league, but who would want to watch a shit AC Milan when you could watch a good Roma?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.